Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCAP unfair

MCAP unfair

Claus Konrad

What is MCAP, anyway?

news:42ec54ee$0$22219$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Hi
>
> I just feel that the MCAP is placing an age limit on something that should
> be skill based. I just feel that there will only be a handful of people
> who are MCAP and in the end no company would even know what MCAP IS !
>
> This makes me sad and a little mad why MS would go this path.
>
> Tom

Tom

Hi

I just feel that the MCAP is placing an age limit on something that should
be skill based. I just feel that there will only be a handful of people who
are MCAP and in the end no company would even know what MCAP IS !

This makes me sad and a little mad why MS would go this path.

Tom

Tom

It is the new Microsoft Architect Program

They've left a limit of 10 years minimum work experience in IT. I know ALOT
of people with 10 years of exp who can't program and who is out dated and
have no idea what they're talking about.

"Claus Konrad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23j%(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is MCAP, anyway?
>

> "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42ec54ee$0$22219$(E-Mail Removed) u...
>> Hi
>>
>> I just feel that the MCAP is placing an age limit on something that
>> should be skill based. I just feel that there will only be a handful of
>> people who are MCAP and in the end no company would even know what MCAP
>> IS !
>>
>> This makes me sad and a little mad why MS would go this path.
>>
>> Tom

Egghead

Sorry, not any 10 yrs working exp in I.T.
It is 10yrs of proven exp in system/software architecture role.
So, it is not the same working exp that req in MCSD/MCSE.
Egghead
news:42ecb348$0$8993$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> It is the new Microsoft Architect Program
>
> They've left a limit of 10 years minimum work experience in IT. I know

ALOT
> of people with 10 years of exp who can't program and who is out dated and
> have no idea what they're talking about.
>

> "Claus Konrad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%23j%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What is MCAP, anyway?
> >

> > "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:42ec54ee$0$22219$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> >> Hi
> >>
> >> I just feel that the MCAP is placing an age limit on something that
> >> should be skill based. I just feel that there will only be a handful of
> >> people who are MCAP and in the end no company would even know what MCAP
> >> IS !
> >>
> >> This makes me sad and a little mad why MS would go this path.
> >>
> >> Tom

Don Carter

On Tue, 2 Aug 2005 19:09:38 -0700, "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I think MS has gone down the drain with this one. IT is moving so quickly
>WHO CARES if you programmed assembly 10 years ago. Its NOW that matters its
>the skills you have NOW that matters in a REAL WORLD JOB.
>
>MCAP should be awarded to people who have all main current MS certifications
>instead of 10 years of 'proven' exp.
>
>I'm disgusted
>
>Tom

I disagree. Finally an MS qualification that's not available to the
'I've memorised the Test Kings' brigade. Pity they don't do the same
with the rest of the certifications.

Kline Sphere

>WHO CARES if you programmed assembly 10 years ago.

no one.

>Its NOW that matters its
>the skills you have NOW that matters in a REAL WORLD JOB.

The choice of programming language is becoming less and less important
has the tools today take more and more of this task away.

What is *still* important today and always has been and always will
be, are stages in the development cycle prior to (and after)
implementation. Successful implementation can only be achieved with a
sound understanding of the problem domain leading to sound proven
design, no change here, just sound engineering common sense.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Kline Sphere

> Finally an MS qualification that's not available to the
>'I've memorised the Test Kings' brigade.

lets hope so.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Tom

I think MS has gone down the drain with this one. IT is moving so quickly
WHO CARES if you programmed assembly 10 years ago. Its NOW that matters its
the skills you have NOW that matters in a REAL WORLD JOB.

MCAP should be awarded to people who have all main current MS certifications
instead of 10 years of 'proven' exp.

I'm disgusted

Tom

"Egghead" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23P5Z%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, not any 10 yrs working exp in I.T.
> It is 10yrs of proven exp in system/software architecture role.
> So, it is not the same working exp that req in MCSD/MCSE.
> Egghead
> "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:42ecb348$0$8993$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> It is the new Microsoft Architect Program
>>
>> They've left a limit of 10 years minimum work experience in IT. I know

> ALOT
>> of people with 10 years of exp who can't program and who is out dated and
>> have no idea what they're talking about.
>>

>> "Claus Konrad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%23j%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > What is MCAP, anyway?
>> >

>> > "Tom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:42ec54ee$0$22219$(E-Mail Removed) u...

JT

An architect is not just a developer, it's someone who has a broad knowledge
of IT and personal experience with several large projects. Since a panel
review is part of this certification process, they are probably imposing the
10 year requirement to cut down on the riff raff that would waste their
time.

news:42ec54ee$0$22219$(E-Mail Removed) u...
> Hi
>
> I just feel that the MCAP is placing an age limit on something that should
> be skill based. I just feel that there will only be a handful of people
> who are MCAP and in the end no company would even know what MCAP IS !
>
> This makes me sad and a little mad why MS would go this path.
>
> Tom

salportaro@gmail.com

I personnly think all MS certs are unfair. They are geared towards
people who can memorize exam guides and not people who can solve
problems and actually write a program.

I am generizing here. And I have worked with a coupe of MCADs and
MCSDs who were great. But I have work with some who did not know the
first thing about there area of expertise. They just have some
letters on a resume and cannot write a program to save their lives.

About the exams. There are to wide and not really practical. If I
need to know about localization I will look it up. If I never need it
why know the nits.

I have been programming for 16 years. And that does not count a bit.

End Rant.