Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Actual C++ Library Source Code

Actual C++ Library Source Code

Tomás

Is there anywhere on the internet where you can download actual source
code of an implementation of the C++ library? Stuff like:

namespace std {
class string {
// actual code in here
}
}

-Tomás

Marcus Kwok

"Tom?s" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Is there anywhere on the internet where you can download actual source
> code of an implementation of the C++ library?

I would imagine STLPort provides this:
http://www.stlport.org/

--
Marcus Kwok

Phlip

Tomás wrote:

> Is there anywhere on the internet where you can download actual source
> code of an implementation of the C++ library? Stuff like:
>
> namespace std {
> class string {
> // actual code in here
> }
> }

Besides STLport?

--
Phlip

Roberto Waltman

"Tomás" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Is there anywhere on the internet where you can download actual source
>code of an implementation of the C++ library? Stuff like:
>
>namespace std {
> class string {
> // actual code in here
> }
>}
>-Tomás

All 'big' open source operating systems make available the full source
code for their libraries. Go to the web sites for any Linux
distribution, NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, minix, OpenSolaris, etc.
For the STL in particular, search for STLport.

red floyd

Phlip wrote:
> Tom�s wrote:
>
>> Is there anywhere on the internet where you can download actual source
>> code of an implementation of the C++ library? Stuff like:
>>
>> namespace std {
>> class string {
>> // actual code in here
>> }
>> }

> Besides STLport?

Well, there's GNU as well...

Bronek Kozicki

Phlip <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Besides STLport?

maybe this http://incubator.apache.org/stdcxx/ ?

B.

Walter Bright

Phlip wrote:
> Tom�s wrote:
>
>> Is there anywhere on the internet where you can download actual source
>> code of an implementation of the C++ library? Stuff like:
>>
>> namespace std {
>> class string {
>> // actual code in here
>> }
>> }

> Besides STLport?

Although it's not free, the Digital Mars C++ compiler CD comes with full
library source code. For a free version, there is of course the gnu
implementation.

-Walter Bright
www.digitalmars.com C, C++, D programming language compilers

Daniel T.

In article <GOO_f.8049$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"Tomás" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Is there anywhere on the internet where you can download actual source
> code of an implementation of the C++ library? Stuff like:
>
> namespace std {
> class string {
> // actual code in here
> }
> }

I can't believe no one mentioned this one.
<http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/>

It's based on Hewlett-Packard's original code (as is gnu's version I
believe...)

Roberto Waltman

"Daniel T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Tomás" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Is there anywhere on the internet where you can download actual source
>> code of an implementation of the C++ library? Stuff like:

>I can't believe no one mentioned this one.
><http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/>
>
>It's based on Hewlett-Packard's original code (as is gnu's version I
>believe...)

I always thought of STLport, (that I and others mentioned,) as a
better, more up-to-date version of SGI's STL, on which it is based.

Are there any reasons to prefer SGI's STL over STLport?

Daniel T.

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Roberto Waltman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Daniel T." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > "Tomás" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >> Is there anywhere on the internet where you can download actual source
> >> code of an implementation of the C++ library? Stuff like:

> >I can't believe no one mentioned this one.
> ><http://www.sgi.com/tech/stl/>
> >
> >It's based on Hewlett-Packard's original code (as is gnu's version I
> >believe...)

> I always thought of STLport, (that I and others mentioned,) as a
> better, more up-to-date version of SGI's STL, on which it is based.
>
> Are there any reasons to prefer SGI's STL over STLport?

I'm thinking that Tomas wants to study the code to see how it works and
I expect that SGI's version is probably simpler than STLport (though I
could be wrong, I see now that SGI does still revise theirs.)

I think it would be most instructive for Tomas to try to implement his
own STL.