Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > mov or avi transparency

mov or avi transparency

aotemp@hotmail.com

Hi,

Im trying to find a way to convert a single color in a mov or an avi
file into a transparency. I looked at
http://developer.apple.com/documenta...uid/TP40001187

but since I am new with the quicktime api, Im a bit lost.

If you have ever solved/failed to solve this problem, please give me
some guidance
!

Ben Pope

> Hi,
>
> Im trying to find a way to convert a single color in a mov or an avi
> file into a transparency. I looked at
> http://developer.apple.com/documenta...uid/TP40001187

The Apple Quicktime API has nothing to do with the C++ lamguage. Nor
does mov, avi, video transparency...

You should seek an Apple Quicktime API newsgroup, forum or mailing list.

Ben Pope

aotemp@hotmail.com

well, since this is something that should be accomplished using an api
in C++ (so it does have SOMETHING to do with C++), that this would be
the proper place to post, seeing how quicktime api is not a group as
well as transparency is not a group.

I figured that there would be some intelligent developer out in this
group that may have worked with the api, and that perhaps they would
share their knowledge with me.

BobR

(E-Mail Removed) wrote in message
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>...
>well, since this is something that should be accomplished using an api
>in C++ (so it does have SOMETHING to do with C++), that this would be
>the proper place to post, seeing how quicktime api is not a group as
>well as transparency is not a group.
>
>I figured that there would be some intelligent developer out in this
>group that may have worked with the api, and that perhaps they would
>share their knowledge with me.

Since you insist that off-topic is cool, heres how you do it:

wxBitmap MyPic(TheImage_xpm);
MyPic.SetMask(new wxMask(MyPic, *wxBLACK));

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

alt.comp.lang.learn.c-c++ faq:

wxWidgets URL: http://www.wxwidgets.org
--
Bob R
POVrookie

Ben Pope

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> well, since this is something that should be accomplished using an api
> in C++ (so it does have SOMETHING to do with C++), that this would be
> the proper place to post, seeing how quicktime api is not a group as
> well as transparency is not a group.

Well, you're wrong. This newsgroup is about the C++ language, and the
libraries shipped with it.

There are countless APIs written in C++, this is not the place to
discuss them. There are various reasons why, and it's not because we
can't be bothered.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=quicktime+api

First (ish) link was here:
http://lists.apple.com/archives/quicktime-api

An archive for a mailing list dealing specifically with the quicktime
API. I suggest you try asking there.

Ben Pope

aotemp@hotmail.com

it has about 2 members. It seemed that someone on this list may have
had some experience with the libraries, so it seemed like a good place
to try AFTER trying that group.

.avi to .mov... EB Computer Support 5 10-23-2004 09:53 AM
Creating AVI or MOV files from sequential TGAs? Hobbit Computer Support 0 01-05-2004 04:51 PM
.rar .avi .mov and Agent Boomer Computer Support 9 12-13-2003 04:30 AM
Unable to convert audio of MOV to AVI Daniel Computer Support 1 10-15-2003 10:50 AM

Advertisments