Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Is MCAD/MCSD still worth while?

Is MCAD/MCSD still worth while?

Brett Mostert

Hi,

Is still worth while for me to start and complete my MCAD by the end of
the year, and then only do the MCSD path next year...

Or should i just wait for the new certifications to come out?

Regard,
Brett Mostert

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

http://www.mcpmag.com/news/article.asp?EditorialsID=821

The above article is new info on this. I appears as if the existing exams
will NOT change for early next year but rather they will have an upgrade
exam(s) which will give you a different title. Thus MCAD/MCSD would both
still be seriously recognized certs and you would still have the option of
going for the “professional series” which would mean the upgrade exams which
test you on the assumption you already know 1.1 if I am making myself clear
at all.

FYI: currently there is still only 33,000+ MCAD’s worldwide and 15,000+ MCSD
..net certs so you would still be a Cadillac player.

I am currently MCAD and I have a ton of time so even though 70-229 (SQL
2000) will most likely be the first expired exam I am studying for it anyway
for my MCSD.