Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Never taken a cert exam... Where to start?

Never taken a cert exam... Where to start?

zc2468@hotmail.com

Hi,

I've got over 8 years of experience with MS products including VB
programming, SQL programming and admin. I feel very comfortable with
these topics, especially SQL - though I am still working with 7.0. I
have never even seen an MS certification exam...so my initial question
is, can anyone recommend the best test to try FIRST?

Some of the questioning does seem tricky but I feel that I could
probably pass a test with a week of review (or less?) of some strong
written material and some hands on practice. I don't feel the need to
sit in any classes as I've learned all my computer skills on my own.
If anyone has been in a similar situation, please tell me what test is
best to try first and if you have any recommendations on prep materials
I'd love to hear them.

I'm most interested in getting an MCSD or MCDBA certification.

Thank you,

David

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

given your background 70-229 sounds like a perfect place to start. Its all
SQL 2000 plus its an elective for MCAD/MCSD as well as MCSE so you would have
more time to decide which track to take.

Most MCSD folks elect to take that exam as the elective.

"(E-Mail Removed)" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got over 8 years of experience with MS products including VB
> programming, SQL programming and admin. I feel very comfortable with
> these topics, especially SQL - though I am still working with 7.0. I
> have never even seen an MS certification exam...so my initial question
> is, can anyone recommend the best test to try FIRST?
>
> Some of the questioning does seem tricky but I feel that I could
> probably pass a test with a week of review (or less?) of some strong
> written material and some hands on practice. I don't feel the need to
> sit in any classes as I've learned all my computer skills on my own.
> If anyone has been in a similar situation, please tell me what test is
> best to try first and if you have any recommendations on prep materials
> I'd love to hear them.
>
> I'm most interested in getting an MCSD or MCDBA certification.
>
> Thank you,
>
> David

Joseph Bittman MCAD

July 17, 2005

Definitely 229 as the SQL 2000 elective. With all that experience, you
will do fine! Go to microsoft.com/mcp and find the Second Shot promotion.
Then register for it and then use the promo code given when registering for
the exam. That way in case you fail, you get to take it again for free.
You will do great!

--
Joseph Bittman
Microsoft Certified Application Developer

Web Site: http://71.39.42.23
Static IP

news:(E-Mail Removed)...