Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > pragma for pointer size on windows?

pragma for pointer size on windows?

Micky G

Hey Guys:

I know there is a pragma (compiler directive) for pointer_size for gcc
on unix; does anyone know if there one on Windows (Visual Studio) too?

Thanks!
MickyG

Gavin Deane

Micky G wrote:
> Hey Guys:
>
> I know there is a pragma (compiler directive) for pointer_size for gcc
> on unix; does anyone know if there one on Windows (Visual Studio) too?

Not in this newsgroup.

A Visual Studio specific newsgroup is more likely to know. Perhaps
microsoft.public.vc.language or a group suggested in that FAQ.

Gavin Deane

Ben Pope

Micky G wrote:
> Hey Guys:
>
> I know there is a pragma (compiler directive) for pointer_size for gcc
> on unix; does anyone know if there one on Windows (Visual Studio) too?

I'm not sure what you are asking, what is a pragma for pointer size?
Can it change the size of the pointer? Does it tell you the size of a
pointer?

Try asking in a newsgroup that deals with Visual Studio, for things that
are Visual Studio Specific.

Ben Pope

Micky G

Sorry guys... guess I didnt post my question in the right group.
Thanks to Gavin for pointing this out.

Thanks!
MickyG