Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Two questions

Two questions

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

1.Is 70-300 considerably harder then 70-306,70-315 or 70-320 which I have
already passed (MCAD).

2.For someone who is using MCAD as a lever to get into the industry would I
be much better served having MCSD? Or would it be wiser to use MCAD to get in
as planned and then decide how far I want to take my career?

I am leaning toward sticking with MCAD but if 70-300 is more or less the
same difficulty as the other core exams (understand I started studying all
exams with basically zero prior knowledge) then I might use the next two
months I have to take it all the way.

The other option I considered was to start reading some books relating to
..Net 2.0 but after the next couple months I will have zero time to study for
almost a year so by the time upgrade exams come out I would have to re-learn
it all anyway.

DST

I suppose you have no software project experience: working in a team
with a complete software life cycle (from requirements to roll-out &
support)?

The MSPress book for 70-300 is a lot about MSF, but the exam isn't.
I've worked in projects and I've also been a project leader. I was able
to answer a lot of questions of exam 70-300 just by relying on my
projects experience. I think that you'll find these questions harder
when you lack the experience.

But I also found that a lot of the questions could be answered by
careful reading of the case study.

Another idea: with the second shot offer being extended, why not sign
up for the 70-300 exam and take it with preparation? If you fail, study
and take the exam again for free.

DST

DST

Sorry, I mean: why not sign up for the 70-300 exam and take it withOUT
preparation?

Marc M

70-300 is the sum of all.
You need to rely on your experience to pass 70-300.
For me it was the easiest exam.
The format of the exam is case study.
You are presented with a situation, and base on the requirements you
choose the best solution... and voila

MM

Sean wrote:
> 1.Is 70-300 considerably harder then 70-306,70-315 or 70-320 which I have
> already passed (MCAD).
>
> 2.For someone who is using MCAD as a lever to get into the industry would I
> be much better served having MCSD? Or would it be wiser to use MCAD to get in
> as planned and then decide how far I want to take my career?
>
> I am leaning toward sticking with MCAD but if 70-300 is more or less the
> same difficulty as the other core exams (understand I started studying all
> exams with basically zero prior knowledge) then I might use the next two
> months I have to take it all the way.
>
> The other option I considered was to start reading some books relating to
> .Net 2.0 but after the next couple months I will have zero time to study for
> almost a year so by the time upgrade exams come out I would have to re-learn
> it all anyway.

=?Utf-8?B?UmFqYQ==?=

As for the book, this seems to be the best one for preparation -
http://tinyurl.com/auyl6

Don't go for the MS book since that focuses on the MSF which hardly appears
in the exam !

"Sean" wrote:

> 1.Is 70-300 considerably harder then 70-306,70-315 or 70-320 which I have
> already passed (MCAD).
>
> 2.For someone who is using MCAD as a lever to get into the industry would I
> be much better served having MCSD? Or would it be wiser to use MCAD to get in
> as planned and then decide how far I want to take my career?
>
> I am leaning toward sticking with MCAD but if 70-300 is more or less the
> same difficulty as the other core exams (understand I started studying all
> exams with basically zero prior knowledge) then I might use the next two
> months I have to take it all the way.
>
> The other option I considered was to start reading some books relating to
> .Net 2.0 but after the next couple months I will have zero time to study for
> almost a year so by the time upgrade exams come out I would have to re-learn
> it all anyway.

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

Thanks...from reading the book description I get a strong feeling I best get
some real experience first. MCAD is perfect for that.

I will wait and do MCSD on .Net 2.0 in a few years instead.

Thanks all