Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > problem about outlook

problem about outlook

chenchen

I am sorry about my poor English and post the article here !!!

I know it is off the topic !

but i hope someone help me to solve the problem below :

I use outlook to receive the informations of the group ...

and I put the server address "freenews.netfront.net" and NNTP "119"

I receive the news successly but when I answer news happn the error ..

who use outlook like me please tell me why ?

thanks in advance !!

Ben Pope

chenchen wrote:
> I am sorry about my poor English and post the article here !!!
>
> I know it is off the topic !

So why post here?

> but i hope someone help me to solve the problem below :
>
> I use outlook to receive the informations of the group ...
>
> and I put the server address "freenews.netfront.net" and NNTP "119"
>
> I receive the news successly but when I answer news happn the error ..

What error?

> who use outlook like me please tell me why ?

Please contact your provider:
http://netfront.net/support/engsupport.htm

Ben Pope

chenchen

because I want to know how do you answer the topic then I will find the
error I mistake !

do you use outlook????

the error information is wrote by Chinese I simply translate it to
English......

topic 'Re: hello all', account : 'comp.lang', server :
'freenews.netfront.net', protocol: NNTP, server respond :
'441 You are not allowed to post to comp.lang.c++', port : 119,
safety (SSL) : no , server error : 441, error number :
0x800CCCA9

thank you very much !!!

Ben Pope

chenchen wrote:
> because I want to know how do you answer the topic then I will find the
> error I mistake !
>
> do you use outlook????
>
> the error information is wrote by Chinese I simply translate it to
> English......
>
> topic 'Re: hello all', account : 'comp.lang', server :
> 'freenews.netfront.net', protocol: NNTP, server respond :
> '441 You are not allowed to post to comp.lang.c++', port : 119,
> safety (SSL) : no , server error : 441, error number :
> 0x800CCCA9

The error message says the problem. You do not have permission to post
to this news group using that server. Perhaps you need to authenticate
(username and password), perhaps your government or ISP restricts the
use of this newgroup. I do not know.

Please contact netfront, this issue is not even remotely topical here.

I will not respond again.

Ben Pope