Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > wan ip

Reply
Thread Tools

wan ip

 
 
Dave P
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-15-2006
Need to get my wan ip from my desktop application
any examples

TIA
Dave


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Victor Bazarov
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-15-2006
Dave P wrote:
> Need to get my wan ip from my desktop application
> any examples


Post to the newsgroup that deals with your OS. There is no 'wan ip'
in C++ or its library.

V
--
Please remove capital As from my address when replying by mail
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Dave P
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-15-2006
I know this..so what you all do here...play games
C++ is used too build operating systems, navigation systems, Networking,
so tell me smart man....nobody in here
has a example of writing a small piece of code too
grab a wan ip from the inernal wan

dave..
"Victor Bazarov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:qQWRf.6227$(E-Mail Removed)01.us.to. verio.net...
> Dave P wrote:
> > Need to get my wan ip from my desktop application
> > any examples

>
> Post to the newsgroup that deals with your OS. There is no 'wan ip'
> in C++ or its library.
>
> V
> --
> Please remove capital As from my address when replying by mail



 
Reply With Quote
 
Rolf Magnus
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-15-2006
Dave P wrote:

> "Victor Bazarov" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:qQWRf.6227$(E-Mail Removed)01.us.to. verio.net...
>> Dave P wrote:
>> > Need to get my wan ip from my desktop application
>> > any examples

>>
>> Post to the newsgroup that deals with your OS. There is no 'wan ip'
>> in C++ or its library.

>
> I know this..


If you know, why do you post here?

> so what you all do here...play games


We discuss the C++ programming language as defined by the ISO standard.

> C++ is used too build operating systems, navigation systems, Networking,


Indeed. And if you are looking for info on programming any of those systems,
you need to use system specific libraries that are off-topic here.

> so tell me smart man....nobody in here
> has a example of writing a small piece of code too
> grab a wan ip from the inernal wan


No.

 
Reply With Quote
 
Dave P
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      03-15-2006
Thank you Ben
dave

"Ben Pope" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:44184450$0$3295$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Dave P wrote:
> > I know this..so what you all do here...play games

>
> Here, we discuss C++ as defined by the ISO standard.
>
> > C++ is used too build operating systems, navigation systems, Networking,

>
> Yes, and each one of those is different, and provide their own APIs for
> things such as networking. Standard C++ does not have any networking
> built in.
>
> > so tell me smart man....nobody in here
> > has a example of writing a small piece of code too
> > grab a wan ip from the inernal wan

>
> Well, on my system this works:
>
> #include <network>
>
> using namespace network;
>
> int main() {
> address_t ip = get_external_ip();
> }
>
> but as already mentioned, this is OS specific, I doubt very much you
> have the same system as I.
>
> Ben Pope
> --
> I'm not just a number. To many, I'm known as a string...



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Dual WAN on a 2651, NAT inside, opening one port on the seconday WAN Martin Gallagher Cisco 0 11-27-2012 09:27 AM
PIX 501 - 2 WAN Connections, how to route certain IPs to the 2nd WAN Casper Cisco 1 08-17-2007 08:17 PM
Ethernet WAN and not WAN. AM Cisco 1 05-23-2005 11:45 PM
Signs are good, but WAN no good =?Utf-8?B?bmV0bnV0?= Wireless Networking 2 08-21-2004 12:41 PM
Need to securely connect workstations on another WAN to my WAN kev Cisco 4 11-17-2003 01:55 AM



Advertisments