Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Private Virtual inheritance problem.

Private Virtual inheritance problem.

Elad

Hello Rolf,

I'm still trying to figure the difference between theory and practice

Ben Pope

Elad wrote:
> Hello Rolf,
>
> I'm still trying to figure the difference between theory and practice

In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they are
different.

Ben Pope

Rolf Magnus

Ben Pope wrote:

> Elad wrote:
>> Hello Rolf,
>>
>> I'm still trying to figure the difference between theory and practice
>>

> In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice, they are
> different.

In Germany, we have a saying that you can read from many office walls. Dunno
if it's known in English too, but it goes something like:

If you know everything, and nothing works, that's theory.
If everything works, and nobody knows why, that's practice.
In this room, theory and practice are combined in a perfect way:
Nothing works, and nobody knows why.