Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > linux compatible c datatypes for vc++ data types on windows

linux compatible c datatypes for vc++ data types on windows

ramu

Hi,
I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. So
when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes.
Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to convert the
vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent data
types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about the
equivalent data types?

Thanks in Advance,

JetSnaiL

> ramuwrote
Hi
> I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. S
> when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes
> Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to conver

th
> vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent dat
> types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about th
> equivalent data types
>
> Thanks in Advance

I wonder, how you are going to call VC++ specific functions on Linux

Ian Collins

ramu wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. So
> when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes.
> Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to convert the
> vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent data
> types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about the
> equivalent data types?

What data types? classes? typedefs? Just find the definitions of those
you want and recreate them.

--
Ian Collins.

ramu

JetSnaiL wrote:

> > ramuwrote:

> Hi,
> > I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. So
> > when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes.
> > Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to convert

> the
> > vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent data
> > types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about the
> > equivalent data types?
> >
> > Thanks in Advance,
>> I wonder, how you are going to call VC++ specific functions on Linux?

The function are user defined. I will be having function definitions in
library.

ramu

Ian Collins wrote:

> ramu wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I want to call a vc++ function from a c program on linux. So
> > when I do this dosen't the VC++ datatypes differ with c datatypes.
> > Because we don't have some vc++ data types in c. I have to convert the
> > vc++ datatypes into c data types or i have to use eqvivalent data
> > types. Can someone give me some idea how to convert or about the
> > equivalent data types?
> >
>> What data types? classes? typedefs? Just find the definitions of those
> >you want and recreate them.

> --
> Ian Collins.

>> What data types? classes? typedefs? Just find the definitions of those
> >you want and recreate them

Basic data type like dword, BSTR etc. which i don't have in c and also
classes and typedefs. How to convert these basic data types into c
equivalent also the classes?

Regards

Dervish

As I understand you have some C++ code written on Windows in VC++ and
some code written in C on Linux. The question is - are you going to
compile VC++ code on Linux, OR somehow use already compiled Windows
VC++ code (e.g. using CORBA or some other middleware)?

ramu

Dervish wrote:
> As I understand you have some C++ code written on Windows in VC++ and
> some code written in C on Linux. The question is - are you going to
> compile VC++ code on Linux, OR somehow use already compiled Windows
> VC++ code (e.g. using CORBA or some other middleware)?

yeah. you are right. iI have written some code in C on linux. And I
want to compile VC++ code on linux. Is there any way doing it? If so,
how can I bring the linux compatibility for vc++ data types?

regards

Dervish

Than you should google for something like "porting win32 applications
to linux".

Ben Pope

ramu wrote:
> Dervish wrote:
>> As I understand you have some C++ code written on Windows in VC++ and
>> some code written in C on Linux. The question is - are you going to
>> compile VC++ code on Linux, OR somehow use already compiled Windows
>> VC++ code (e.g. using CORBA or some other middleware)?

> yeah. you are right. iI have written some code in C on linux. And I
> want to compile VC++ code on linux. Is there any way doing it? If so,
> how can I bring the linux compatibility for vc++ data types?

This question is very open ended. What exactly is "VC++ code"?

Implementing the entire Windows SDK, and working around all the compiler
extensions is quite a large task. Depends how much of it you have used.

It is not topical here. 99% of what IS topical, is the bits that will
cause you no problems at all (i.e., the standard compliant bits that
will compile on both platforms).

You're off topic.

Ben Pope