Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > just a simple question

just a simple question

pat

As a new C++ programmer can someone tell me if it is possible to write
regular C++ programs (Visual C++ 6) in Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET
platform. For example, will any code I write in VC++6 run in .NET
without alteration. Thanks.

benben

pat wrote:
> As a new C++ programmer can someone tell me if it is possible to write
> regular C++ programs (Visual C++ 6) in Microsoft's Visual Studio .NET
> platform. For example, will any code I write in VC++6 run in .NET
> without alteration. Thanks.

0. It is better if you post this question to a microsoft group.

1. What do you mean by "regular C++ programs (Visual C++ 6)"?

2. If what you mean is standard C++ without the .net extensions then the
answer is yes--yes with a grain of salt if you have features like
exported template and standard code that VC++ doesn't support.

3. VC++ 6 is not a very standard conforming compiler in the first place.
So code compiled with VC++ 6 does not necessarily make it legal code in
terms of the C++ standard.

Ben