Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Passed 70-340 (C# Security)

Passed 70-340 (C# Security)

RockyH

Well I passed 70-340.
I only got an 871, but it only took me 40 minutes to finish the exam.
Not bad for only 5 days of study. So I don't feel too bad about it.

For those planning on taking this exam you really need to know:
CAS, RBS, Hardening ASP.NET apps, and Crypto/Signing. That's about as
close as you can get without violating the NDA.

The Self paced study guide isn't enough to pass the exam comfortably on
it's own. I would also suggest, .NET Framework Security by Brian
LaMacchia et. al. from Addison Wesley and Writing Secure Code 2nd
edition by Howard and LeBlanc from MS Press in addition to the MS Press
self-paced study guide.

With that information, you should pass this exam comfortably.

Good luck
RH

Sudar

Congrats RockyH

--
Sudar

=?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIGRlIEJydWlu?=

I did the exam a few weeks ago. There is loads of stuff to get you prepared
for this exam. It is a cool exam too; it makes you aware of all kind of
crypto tricks you can do using .NET. Compared to the other electives, this is
a serious option. I did 70-229 for my MCSD.NET but wanted to do 70-340
anyhow. I found 70-229 much harder than 340 and CS2000 and BT2000 are just
not worth it anymore.

Cheers,

Pieter de Bruin