Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Shell program execution -yafray

Shell program execution -yafray

mcmillanje@gmail.com

HI! I'm hoping to make a simple c++ program to execute yafray, (xml
based cgi renderer, I use it with blender). The syntax to enter in
command prompt, (or dos, if you don't have windows open, or unix
shell), is:

yafray filename.xml

I've looked around but I can't seem to find a command to do this. Does
anyone know how?

The reason I'd like to make this is to execute yafray, wait till its
done, then execute it for the next frame of the animation then wait
etc.

I think you can do this with a shell script in unix but I have yafray
on windows. I'd also like to boot to dos and use it...

sorry if this is the wrong spot to plea for help... i'm just a little
desperate.

Ian Collins

> HI! I'm hoping to make a simple c++ program to execute yafray, (xml
> based cgi renderer, I use it with blender). The syntax to enter in
> command prompt, (or dos, if you don't have windows open, or unix
> shell), is:
>

> yafray filename.xml
>

> I've looked around but I can't seem to find a command to do this. Does
> anyone know how?

Look up system() and popen().

--
Ian Collins.