Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSDs round the world

MCSDs round the world

Steve Henty

According to this:
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp
There are curently 12,829 MCSDs around the world today.

Does anyone know if there's a breakdown by region / country?
I'd be interested to know how many we have in Spain.

Joseph MCAD

April 7, 2005

There is no breakdown. Have a good day!

Joseph MCAD

"Steve Henty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> According to this:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp
> There are curently 12,829 MCSDs around the world today.
>
> Does anyone know if there's a breakdown by region / country?
> I'd be interested to know how many we have in Spain.

TomTom

There are many more MCSE than MCSD. Does anyone have idea what this means?

"Steve Henty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> According to this:
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp
> There are curently 12,829 MCSDs around the world today.
>
> Does anyone know if there's a breakdown by region / country?
> I'd be interested to know how many we have in Spain.

Jon

More systems need maintaining than applications developed? LOL
"TomTom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There are many more MCSE than MCSD. Does anyone have idea what this means?
>
> "Steve Henty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > According to this:
> > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp
> > There are curently 12,829 MCSDs around the world today.
> >
> > Does anyone know if there's a breakdown by region / country?
> > I'd be interested to know how many we have in Spain.

Joseph MCAD

April 7, 2005

There might be a shortage of developers compared to system
administrators.

Joseph MCAD

"TomTom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There are many more MCSE than MCSD. Does anyone have idea what this means?
>
> "Steve Henty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> According to this:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certified.asp
>> There are curently 12,829 MCSDs around the world today.
>>
>> Does anyone know if there's a breakdown by region / country?
>> I'd be interested to know how many we have in Spain.

kpg

> There are many more MCSE than MCSD. Does anyone have idea what this means?

Yes. I think I do.

Every Tom, Dick, and Harry thinks they can be a system administrator, so
lot's
of jokers go out and 'get' their MCSEs (or at least the paper its printed
on).
The myth that a good job awaits you if you own an MSCE is still pervasive.

But, apparently, not everyone thinks they can be a programmer, so the only
people going out and getting MCSDs are programmers.

I find it ironic that in many ways, the job of a 'good' system administrator
is
much more difficult than that of the typical programmer. (I am of the
programmer
ilk, BTW) But, of course, it is a different skill set. Both deal with
problem solving,
and we all have deadlines, but system administrators are expected to fix
things
instantly when something breaks - and they are expected to know all the
answers
yesterday. Who needs it? Not me...

EggHead

A lot of tech college such as CDI offer programs that revolve around MCSE
but not MCSD.
So, that is what those every Tom, Dick, and Harry takes when they go back to
school.
BTW, I get my paper MCSE but I am a code monkey now
Egghead
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

How many MCSDs are there? Jojo MCSD 3 01-18-2005 04:55 PM
How many MCSDs .net are there in the whole world ? Ivancleber MCSD 1 03-05-2004 05:54 PM
Seeking advice from employed MCSDs Rana Ian MCSD 5 10-04-2003 08:53 AM
Re: Hey Microsoft, hire some MCSDs! Davin Mickelson MCSD 0 07-28-2003 06:12 PM
Re: any new MCADs or MCSDs hired recently? Kline Sphere MCSD 0 06-28-2003 01:46 PM

Advertisments