Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > MN-500 to MN-700 base station problems

MN-500 to MN-700 base station problems

=?Utf-8?B?c3dyaWxleQ==?=

Hi, I need some help with a base station issue...I am changing my base from
Microsoft MN-500 to a Microsoft MN-700 and it is not going well. I can get to
the point where the new MN-700 has to connect to the internet and then it
tells me that it can not find a active internet connection. I did everything
the book said to try including resetting the modem, cloning the MAC address,
and removing all of the old network setting and programs. So after this
problem I place the old MN-500 back into my network and everything is back to
normal. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

Steve Bruce, mct

If your provider limits you to one IP address, they may not be dropping the
lease to the mac address of the MN-500 until lease expiration.

With Comcast, resetting the modem and then the router 'should' fix it. I
just did that at a freinds house 2 days ago.

With Roadrunner, you may need to call them to release all leases.
Roadrunner will also tell you to try unplugging the modem and disconnecting
the COAX for the modem and then reconnect the COAX and reconnect the power.

Roadrunner has good Support . . from my experience.
Comcast sucks . . if tell them you have a router and they won't talk to you
any more . . I don't know why Comcast even has a support number . . I think
it is staffed by kids that couldn't get a job at the DairyQueen.

"swriley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I need some help with a base station issue...I am changing my base
> from
> Microsoft MN-500 to a Microsoft MN-700 and it is not going well. I can get
> the point where the new MN-700 has to connect to the internet and then it
> tells me that it can not find a active internet connection. I did
> everything
> the book said to try including resetting the modem, cloning the MAC
> address,
> and removing all of the old network setting and programs. So after this
> problem I place the old MN-500 back into my network and everything is back
> normal. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXMgRXJuZXN0?=

I recommend that you call the Microsoft support line. It is (800)936-3900,
choose 1 from the confusing menu. The line is free, open 24/7 and there is no
waiting. The best part is that they are very knowledgeable and helpful. I've
been helped by them a number of times, when I changed something and wasn't
able to fix it myself. This is the greatest support line I've ever
encountered. Try it, you'll like it.

"swriley" wrote:

> Hi, I need some help with a base station issue...I am changing my base from
> Microsoft MN-500 to a Microsoft MN-700 and it is not going well. I can get to
> the point where the new MN-700 has to connect to the internet and then it
> tells me that it can not find a active internet connection. I did everything
> the book said to try including resetting the modem, cloning the MAC address,
> and removing all of the old network setting and programs. So after this
> problem I place the old MN-500 back into my network and everything is back to
> normal. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

=?Utf-8?B?c3dyaWxleQ==?=

Thanks for all of your help guys! Both posts were very helpful!!!