Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Magic Wand Implementation

Magic Wand Implementation

Soumyadip Rakshit

Hi there,

I am trying to implement a function similar to the 'magic wand' tool in
Photoshop to find the boundary of similar-graylevel area starting from a
point within it. So basically I want to start from a pixel in the region
which has a very similar gray level not varying by more than 5 gray values
and find its ends in all directions.

Could you please tell me where I can find such an implementation or an
efficient algorithm to do the same.

Thanks a ton,
Soumyadip.

John Carson

"Soumyadip Rakshit" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)
> Hi there,
>
> I am trying to implement a function similar to the 'magic wand' tool
> in Photoshop to find the boundary of similar-graylevel area starting
> from a point within it. So basically I want to start from a pixel in
> the region which has a very similar gray level not varying by more
> than 5 gray values and find its ends in all directions.
>
> Could you please tell me where I can find such an implementation or an
> efficient algorithm to do the same.
>
> Thanks a ton,
> Soumyadip.

Try asking in comp.graphics.algorithms

--
John Carson

Soumyadip Rakshit

Thanks .. I'll do that !

news:43d281b0$0$1043$(E-Mail Removed)...