Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > How long does it take

How long does it take

ana

I am novice in developing but am NOT looking for shortcuts to get
certificate asap. I really want to know to develop applications one
day.
How long can it take? I went through VB.NET Step By Step and now
nearly ending VB.NET 2003 Beginning, by Thearon Willis, Jonathan
Crossland, Richard Blair. So I can make some simple apps.
What in your oppinion, are good materials to continue and how long
can that take to go for EXAM.
Thanks!!!

Saga

The recommended experience is 2 years, but lots of people
take the exams without having this.

As for books, have you selected the track? By reading your
post I assume that you'll want to take the VB.NET exams.

My advice is to go to www.amazon.com, even if you are not
going to buy anything there and search under Books for the number
of the exam, for example 70-305. This should provide you
with a list of books.

I have seen the Mike Gunderloy books recommended in this
group.

You can read the reviews and user comments. If you have further
doubts you can ask here posting the boot title (ISBN helps too).

Good luck.
Saga

"ana" <(E-Mail Removed)-spam.invalid> wrote in message
news:db8c4$4247a94a$455da0d2$306@allthenewsgroups. com...
>I am novice in developing but am NOT looking for shortcuts to get
> certificate asap. I really want to know to develop applications one
> day.
> How long can it take? I went through VB.NET Step By Step and now
> nearly ending VB.NET 2003 Beginning, by Thearon Willis, Jonathan
> Crossland, Richard Blair. So I can make some simple apps.
> What in your oppinion, are good materials to continue and how long
> can that take to go for EXAM.
> Thanks!!!

FYI-Geek101

I also recommend the following microsoft press books for
training.
Microsoft Press Books About Microsoft Products and
Technologies at
NOTE: These press books can be acquired cheaper at
http://www.ebay.com.

An excellent compliment to your training is to
use the free Microsoft Skills Assessments at
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/as...nt/default.asp
and its always free.

VERY IMPORTANT:
Industry use these assessments to measure your skill sets,
so completing them successfully is in your best interest.

If you need help, you can also get free detailed Q&A
support for skills assessments at
http://disnetinc.com/

Also:
To support training get "101 Visual Basic and C# Code
Samples" at
http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/dow...amples/default.
aspx

FYI-Geek101