Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > How to activate a running Windows application

How to activate a running Windows application

moumita

hi,
I have launched one Windows application like Calculator from my VC++
application.Now i need to activate as well as show this
window(calculator) from my application.
How can i do this.
plz help.

Bob Hairgrove

On 13 Jan 2006 04:33:06 -0800, "moumita"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>hi,
>I have launched one Windows application like Calculator from my VC++
>application.Now i need to activate as well as show this
>window(calculator) from my application.
>How can i do this.
>plz help.

You need to ask in a group devoted to Windows programming, for
example: comp.os.ms-windows.programmer.win32

This question is off-topic for comp.lang.c++ which deals with
programming questions relating to the ANSI standard C++ language
itself, not OS-specific things.

--
Bob Hairgrove

mlimber

moumita wrote:
> hi,
> I have launched one Windows application like Calculator from my VC++
> application.Now i need to activate as well as show this
> window(calculator) from my application.
> How can i do this.
> plz help.

This is a platform-specific question rather than a C++ language
question and should be taken to the appropriate newsgroup. See this FAQ
for what is on-topic in this group and for some suggestions of better
places to post:

Cheers! --M

elephanto

moumita napisał(a):
> hi,
> I have launched one Windows application like Calculator from my VC++
> application.Now i need to activate as well as show this
> window(calculator) from my application.

SetForegroundWindow ?

--
elephanto