Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Compiler question

Compiler question

kaizen

Hi,

we have the C/C++ code compiled in 16-bit compiler under DOS. assume it
as library.

This library should be used to write code in VC++ and should be
compiled in 32-bit compiler under windows.

Now the problem is when i try to compile the newly wrote VC++ code
linking with library (written in C/C++ code and compiled in 16-bit DOS
compiler) it is throwing error message.

Is it possible to use this library? Any workaround? Your help is
appreciated.

Thanks,
Kaizen

Walter Bright

"kaizen" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> we have the C/C++ code compiled in 16-bit compiler under DOS. assume it
> as library.
>
> This library should be used to write code in VC++ and should be
> compiled in 32-bit compiler under windows.
>
> Now the problem is when i try to compile the newly wrote VC++ code
> linking with library (written in C/C++ code and compiled in 16-bit DOS
> compiler) it is throwing error message.
>
> Is it possible to use this library?

No. You cannot use 16 bit binaries with 32 bit code.

> Any workaround? Your help is appreciated.

You need to obtain the source to the 16 bit binary code and recompile it for
32 bits. Even then, it probably will need considerable porting work, as
Win32 is very different from DOS programming.

Walter Bright
www.digitalmars.com C, C++, D programming language compilers

red floyd

kaizen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have the C/C++ code compiled in 16-bit compiler under DOS. assume it
> as library.
>
> This library should be used to write code in VC++ and should be
> compiled in 32-bit compiler under windows.
>
> Now the problem is when i try to compile the newly wrote VC++ code
> linking with library (written in C/C++ code and compiled in 16-bit DOS
> compiler) it is throwing error message.
>
> Is it possible to use this library? Any workaround? Your help is
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Kaizen

Wrong group. Try microsoft.public.vc.language.

ketan

On new VC++ no straight way to do.
And as suggested post on correct grp.

ketan