Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Access to MS SQL Server from C

Access to MS SQL Server from C

DarthSidious

hi, i'm using Borland C++ 5.02, i'm just beggining with win32 C
programming and i'd like to know how can i connect from C to a Sql
Server 2000, get some data back, so i can show it with some control. Is
there any library or something to do this?
I do it with Visual Basic but i wanna try with C.

Thanks !!!

Victor Bazarov

DarthSidious wrote:
> hi, i'm using Borland C++ 5.02, i'm just beggining with win32 C
> programming and i'd like to know how can i connect from C to a Sql
> Server 2000, get some data back, so i can show it with some control.
> Is there any library or something to do this?
> I do it with Visual Basic but i wanna try with C.

You've made several mistakes so far. First of all, this newsgroup
is about C++, not C. Please do not confuse the two. comp.lang.c
is just down the corridor from here. Second, win32 programming is
off-topic here. If you need win32, go to comp.os.ms-windows.*
hierarchy. Third, SQL server access is platform-specific. However,
there are cross-platform means, which are still off-topic here.
Try a database newsgroup for those or the newsgroup for your OS of
choice. Three strikes -- you're out!

If you get a C++ _language_ question, come back, we'll be happy to
accommodate you.