Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Still unclear

Still unclear

Irfaan Wahid

Thanks for your reply,
I asked as well that can we develop high edge applications
through MCSD? Well; what is reall taught in MCSD course?
Let's say if I have learned VB.NET & C#, but not MCSD so
does that make any difference? Or MCSD is just about
giving exams? Please help me understand what really goes
in MCSD studies, I am a little confused in this issue.
Thanky you

EggHead

haha, if you want to get hand-on exp through the cert, you need to do the
SCJD
MCSD is just a bundle of "choose all that apply" exams after all

"Irfaan Wahid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:056001c519a2$e4e16420$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your reply,
> I asked as well that can we develop high edge applications
> through MCSD? Well; what is reall taught in MCSD course?
> Let's say if I have learned VB.NET & C#, but not MCSD so
> does that make any difference? Or MCSD is just about
> giving exams? Please help me understand what really goes
> in MCSD studies, I am a little confused in this issue.
> Thanky you

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Irfaan,

"MCSD" is not a course at all. It is a series of exams that certify job
skills. There are courses that cover most/all of the material in the exam
syllabi, but Microsoft suggests that you also have 2 years' job experience
before taking the exams.

For the syllabus ("skills being measured") for each exam go to
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...entsdotnet.asp and click
on the link under each exam number. Note that the courses do not exactly
correspond with the exam syllabi.

Perhaps you're not getting much comment on this part of your question
because "high edge applications" is such a subjective term. Also, you give
the example that you have "learned" one of the languages. This is also
subjective; my guess is that even industry "experts" feel that they have
more to learn about .NET.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

"Irfaan Wahid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:056001c519a2$e4e16420$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your reply,
> I asked as well that can we develop high edge applications
> through MCSD? Well; what is reall taught in MCSD course?
> Let's say if I have learned VB.NET & C#, but not MCSD so
> does that make any difference? Or MCSD is just about
> giving exams? Please help me understand what really goes
> in MCSD studies, I am a little confused in this issue.
> Thanky you

The main points to remember is that MCSDs date super models and MCSEs still
live at home with their parents.

"Irfaan Wahid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:056001c519a2$e4e16420$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks for your reply,
> I asked as well that can we develop high edge applications
> through MCSD? Well; what is reall taught in MCSD course?
> Let's say if I have learned VB.NET & C#, but not MCSD so
> does that make any difference? Or MCSD is just about
> giving exams? Please help me understand what really goes
> in MCSD studies, I am a little confused in this issue.
> Thanky you

Unclear on either EJB3 or JBoss or both Owen Jacobson Java 0 07-21-2006 07:32 AM
Scope of news group? Charter unclear Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz XML 1 07-09-2004 03:41 PM
Unclear on the concept... kj XML 2 04-12-2004 02:49 AM
A few things remain unclear... Eirik WS C Programming 9 02-03-2004 11:52 PM
Re: media player 9/windows xp, video&sound unclear Juan Pérez Computer Support 0 08-08-2003 01:21 AM

Advertisments