Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > UNICODE variant of fopen or ofstream to be ANSI compliant.

UNICODE variant of fopen or ofstream to be ANSI compliant.

mihai

I need to open an file with an unicode name, and i cannot find an
proper way to do this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Mihai.

roberts.noah@gmail.com

mihai wrote:
> I need to open an file with an unicode name, and i cannot find an
> proper way to do this.

Try passing the return of c_str() from a wstring to open. It is not in
the current standard but may be in future versions and may or may not
be implemented in your environment.

roberts.noah@gmail.com

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> mihai wrote:
> > I need to open an file with an unicode name, and i cannot find an
> > proper way to do this.

> Try passing the return of c_str() from a wstring to open.

fsteam:pen that is.

Roland Pibinger

On 8 Dec 2005 08:44:43 -0800, "mihai" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>I need to open an file with an unicode name, and i cannot find an
>proper way to do this.

You probably need to use a platform-specific function (e.g. Windows
_wfopen).

Best wishes,
Roland Pibinger