Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > C++ compiling and uncoompiling

C++ compiling and uncoompiling

Abacus

Hi,

1) Is it possible to reverse the compilation process of a program written in
C++ from and .exe back to C++ ?

2) If it is, does any one know a package that will do this ?

3) If not, can an assembly listing be converted to C++ ?

4) Am I posting this question in the wrong group and which group should I
use?

I would really appreciate any help )

Thanks

John

Thobias Vakayil

Abacus wrote:

>Hi,
>
>1) Is it possible to reverse the compilation process of a program written in
>C++ from and .exe back to C++ ?

No

>2) If it is, does any one know a package that will do this ?
>
>3) If not, can an assembly listing be converted to C++ ?

No

>4) Am I posting this question in the wrong group and which group should I
>use?
>
>I would really appreciate any help )
>
>Thanks
>
>John

Regards,

Thobias Vakayil

mlimber

Abacus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) Is it possible to reverse the compilation process of a program written in
> C++ from and .exe back to C++ ?
>
> 2) If it is, does any one know a package that will do this ?
>
> 3) If not, can an assembly listing be converted to C++ ?
>
> 4) Am I posting this question in the wrong group and which group should I
> use?
>
> I would really appreciate any help )
>
> Thanks
>
> John

Check the FAQ:

Cheers! --M

Thomas Tutone

Abacus wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 1) Is it possible to reverse the compilation process of a program written in
> C++ from and .exe back to C++ ?

Hi. You know, you asked the exact same question two days ago:

http://tinyurl.com/a25n5

You were referred to the FAQ. I'm curious - seriously! - did you read
it?

> 2) If it is, does any one know a package that will do this ?

The FAQ answers this as well.

> 3) If not, can an assembly listing be converted to C++ ?

That's really the same question, because an .exe file can be converted
into an assembly listing (although symbol names are unlikely to be
particularly enlightening unless the .exe was compiled with debugging
info).

> 4) Am I posting this question in the wrong group and which group should I
> use?

Your question is on-topic, but I think it's slightly frustrating that
you don't acknowledge that you already asked the question, and
apparently didn't bother to look at the FAQ, even after you were
provided a direct cite to it.

Best regards,

Tom