Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > please help me to start compiling c++

please help me to start compiling c++

vdrekha@gmail.com

I installed a compiler. How can i make it run. Can anyone help me by
saying how to set path to make it work?

Neelesh Bodas

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I installed a compiler. How can i make it run. Can anyone help me by
> saying how to set path to make it work?

[off topic]
What is the name of the compiler? Have you ever used any other C++
compiler before that?
Details vary from compiler to compiler, so it is difficult to give
generic answer.

Alf P. Steinbach

> I installed a compiler. How can i make it run. Can anyone help me by
> saying how to set path to make it work?

Mostly off-topic, but:

<url:
http://home.no.net/dubjai/win32cpptut/html/w32cpptut_01_01_03.html>,

which judging from your message headers (Windows) will probably help
you.

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

benben

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> I installed a compiler. How can i make it run. Can anyone help me by
> saying how to set path to make it work?

try to reach the shell/command prompt, type in the name of the compiler
executable, followed by the name of the (presumably C++) source file
name (qualified by full path). Hit enter.

If that doesn't work or you don't know the executable name, you need to
tell us what compiler you have just downloaded.

Or better, read the compiler manual.

Ben