Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Salary Question

Salary Question

Teddy

I've just completed my professional MCSD degree and was
wondering what sort of expected salary I should put down on
my CV.

I've seen quotes for about 16,000 but this seems a bit low
to me.

So I want to know what amount will the job offers be for?

Thanks
Ed

Alistair

First, MCSD is not a degree.

Second, your post implies you're newly-qualified with no
real world experience.

If this is the case, you should not put anything in for an
expected salary. You should take whatever you can get, and
be thankful for it. There are plenty of people with many
years' experience who would do almost anything right now
for a job with a 16,000 per-annum salary.

What you should expect, if you perform well in an
interview, is to be offered an entry-level position
possibly in a help-desk area. Prove yourself there for the
next two years or so, giving sound advice and learning
about the company, it products and processes, and then the
company might let you loose in a fail-n-fix
environment ... if you're lucky. Perform well there for a
couple of years, and just when you're almost ready to move
into product development the company will off-shore its
development shop to Bangalore, of China, or the
Phillipines, because your 23,000 per-annum salary will be
5 or 10 times more than they have to pay them.

Just my $0.02

Approximately 16,000 United Kingdom Pounds = 32,000 US dollars? That sounds
about right for an entry level development job. The important thing is that
the company itself has the experience to serve as a good role model,
otherwise you are just wasting your time working there. Remember that job
interviewing is like dating, and you need to know how to size up a
prospective employer.

"Teddy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1db201c511d1$914e6c00$(E-Mail Removed)...
I've just completed my professional MCSD degree and was
wondering what sort of expected salary I should put down on
my CV.

I've seen quotes for about 16,000 but this seems a bit low
to me.

So I want to know what amount will the job offers be for?

Thanks
Ed

kpg

<snip>
>environment ... if you're lucky. Perform well there for a
>couple of years, and just when you're almost ready to move
>into product development the company will off-shore its
>development shop to Bangalore, of China, or the
>Phillipines, because your 23,000 per-annum salary will be
>5 or 10 times more than they have to pay them.

LOL!

sad part is, he's right...

Mike [MCP VB]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> <snip>
>>environment ... if you're lucky. Perform well there for a couple of years,
>>and just when you're almost ready to move into product development the
>>company will off-shore its development shop to Bangalore, of China, or the
>>Phillipines, because your 23,000 per-annum salary will be 5 or 10 times
>>more than they have to pay them.

> LOL!
>
> sad part is, he's right...

LOL - and I was going to snip the same paragraph too

Teddy don't listen to Alistair, he's just a big poo-poo.

Now you've purchased your MCSD D-E-G-R-E-E, except no less than
100,000 GBP. Also watch out for all the super models, it gets so
tiring after a while.

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 13:16:20 -0800, "Alistair"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>First, MCSD is not a degree.
>
>Second, your post implies you're newly-qualified with no
>real world experience.
>
>If this is the case, you should not put anything in for an
>expected salary. You should take whatever you can get, and
>be thankful for it. There are plenty of people with many
>years' experience who would do almost anything right now
>for a job with a 16,000 per-annum salary.
>
>What you should expect, if you perform well in an
>interview, is to be offered an entry-level position
>possibly in a help-desk area. Prove yourself there for the
>next two years or so, giving sound advice and learning
>about the company, it products and processes, and then the
>company might let you loose in a fail-n-fix
>environment ... if you're lucky. Perform well there for a
>couple of years, and just when you're almost ready to move
>into product development the company will off-shore its
>development shop to Bangalore, of China, or the
>Phillipines, because your 23,000 per-annum salary will be
>5 or 10 times more than they have to pay them.
>
>Just my $0.02

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Alistair

If you're tired of the super models, just stop wearing the
lapel pin. You'll still "smell" Microsoft Certified
(hmmmmm ... mothballs), but the chicks'll think you're
just MCSE and leave you alone.

Eric

Alistair wrote:

> If you're tired of the super models, just stop wearing the
> lapel pin. You'll still "smell" Microsoft Certified
> (hmmmmm ... mothballs), but the chicks'll think you're
> just MCSE and leave you alone.

Great advice! Maybe I can return to a more normal life after all.

Eric

Alistair

Yeah. Those damn super models just don't know when to
quit. The lapel pin's a real leg-spreader.

Juniper Salary Michael Cisco 3 10-19-2004 05:21 AM
Certification/Salary Question idontknow MCSE 55 04-17-2004 11:51 AM
Salary Survey for MCSD David MCSD 15 01-23-2004 10:00 PM
Salary Question?? JO MCSE 15 01-22-2004 12:27 AM
Re: Salary Question?? pheonix1t MCSE 2 11-23-2003 05:02 PM

Advertisments