Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Preparing for MCSD .NET with Visual Studio 6

Preparing for MCSD .NET with Visual Studio 6

Maria

I want to prepare for the MCSD .NET exam, but I only have
access to Visual Studio 6. How different is Visual Studio
6 from Visual Studio .NET?

Maria

Ivan Belov

Very much.

Basically, there is no .NET in VS v6, which sort of make it pointless using
it for MCSD.NET preparation.

/Ivan Belov/

"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09a401c50eed$4ec49030$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to prepare for the MCSD .NET exam, but I only have
> access to Visual Studio 6. How different is Visual Studio
> 6 from Visual Studio .NET?
>
> Maria

Eric

Maria wrote:

> I want to prepare for the MCSD .NET exam, but I only have
> access to Visual Studio 6. How different is Visual Studio
> 6 from Visual Studio .NET?
>
> Maria

Aside form the languages and tools being completely different, there
are a lot of similarities.

saurabh

For a start the name is same "Visual Studio" secondly the look and feel is
kind of similar and thirdly.... can't think of anything
"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09a401c50eed$4ec49030$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to prepare for the MCSD .NET exam, but I only have
> access to Visual Studio 6. How different is Visual Studio
> 6 from Visual Studio .NET?
>
> Maria

Mike [MCP VB]

"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09a401c50eed$4ec49030$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to prepare for the MCSD .NET exam, but I only have
> access to Visual Studio 6. How different is Visual Studio
> 6 from Visual Studio .NET?

Hi Maria,

If you're asking this question, you shouldn't pass the MCSD.NET exam.

I'm sorry it's not encouraging today.

Herbert Yu

Hi Maria,

Do your best to get one of Visual Studio .NET (V7.0) or Visual Studio .NET
2003 (V7.1) or Visual Studio 2005 (V8.0) for MCSD.NET exam.

Visual Studio 6 is a very good product. A lot products are still using it
for development, but for .NET exam, you have to use above software, or...
even .NET SDK is better than Visual studio 6. And .NET SDK is a free one!
You can get some feeling before you try more C# code.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/default.aspx

Actually ".NET Framework Software Development Kit Version 1.1" and "platform
SDK" have included a lot, if not all, microsoft core knowledge. above IDE
only give you some kind convenience. I hope you feel better for the life
without expensive new studio.

Hope helps

Herbert Yu

"Maria" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:09a401c50eed$4ec49030$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to prepare for the MCSD .NET exam, but I only have
> access to Visual Studio 6. How different is Visual Studio
> 6 from Visual Studio .NET?
>
> Maria

>Visual Studio 6 is a very good product.

lol!

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

ali

this is very scary. very very scary.

> I want to prepare for the MCSD .NET exam, but I only have access to
> Visual Studio 6. How different is Visual Studio 6 from Visual Studio
> .NET?
>
> Maria

Alistair

No more or less so than "Where I can find brain dump for
70-***. Ur assist great appreciate."

Now where was I ... Oh yes, would you like fries with that?