Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Where to start

Where to start

Johnny

Hi All,

I liked playing with my computer, so I thought I'd become a
programmer. As the MCSD program looks a quite easy and
seems a good place to start, I thought I'd give it a go!

I took 70-305, 70-306 & 70-310 which were easy, but I'm not
sure what 70-300 is all about as there are things I don't
understand which are not related to programming like use
cases, for instance. It seems a bit silly to cover things
which are not related to programming, so how much non
programming stuff is there in 70-300?

BTW, I think I'm a good programmer and one day expect to
get a job as one.

Kevin Meiresonne

Use cases don't relate to programming?!?
If you really think you are a good programmer you should reconsider your
opinion about this

"Johnny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:279d01c50c4d$cacd6280$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> I liked playing with my computer, so I thought I'd become a
> programmer. As the MCSD program looks a quite easy and
> seems a good place to start, I thought I'd give it a go!
>
> I took 70-305, 70-306 & 70-310 which were easy, but I'm not
> sure what 70-300 is all about as there are things I don't
> understand which are not related to programming like use
> cases, for instance. It seems a bit silly to cover things
> which are not related to programming, so how much non
> programming stuff is there in 70-300?
>
> BTW, I think I'm a good programmer and one day expect to
> get a job as one.

Solution developers do not play with their computers. They gather
requirements from the customer using formal methodologies, call upon their
years of business and engeneering experience to analyze the requirements,
put their designs into formal documents (like use cases), and lastly start
developing the software (which involves some programming but also many other
things). If all you like to do is play with your computer, then you will
never make it in the software development industry. I suggest you start by
landing a job as an entry level programmer at a company that has a good
reputation for developing software and then observe how things are done for
a few years.

"Johnny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:279d01c50c4d$cacd6280$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi All,
>
> I liked playing with my computer, so I thought I'd become a
> programmer. As the MCSD program looks a quite easy and
> seems a good place to start, I thought I'd give it a go!
>
> I took 70-305, 70-306 & 70-310 which were easy, but I'm not
> sure what 70-300 is all about as there are things I don't
> understand which are not related to programming like use
> cases, for instance. It seems a bit silly to cover things
> which are not related to programming, so how much non
> programming stuff is there in 70-300?
>
> BTW, I think I'm a good programmer and one day expect to
> get a job as one.

Johnny

What does all that stuff have to do with programming?

Will the transacender for 70-300 cover all this? I used
them for the other exams and the questions and answers were
really good.

A programmer is someone who sits in a cubicle all day (and often into the
night) with their head down, hacking out source code, and taking orders from
their supervisor. Over the next few years, the job market for programmers in
the US will actually shrink as such low level IT jobs are out sourced to
India and elsewhere. This is bad news for those who think programming is fun
and analysis / design is boring.

The MCSD certification is for professional solution developers not
programmers. Here is the link for exam 70-300:

"Johnny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1f1601c50c87$758a18b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What does all that stuff have to do with programming?
>
> Will the transacender for 70-300 cover all this? I used
> them for the other exams and the questions and answers were
> really good.

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Johnny,

It's like the relation hammering nails has to building a house. Without a
good idea of the kind of house you need (gathering requirements) and a
design document (blueprint), knowing how to hammer a nail offers you very
little.

A lot depends on whether you want to be a carpenter or a building
contractor.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com