Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Which should I pursue?

Which should I pursue?

Mr David Lee

Which should pursue in order to change career, MCSE or MCSD?

The Rev \(MCT\)

That depends. Which field do you want to go into?

--
"The Rev" MCNGP #44
Microsoft Certified Trainer

justafreak.com
..
"Mr David Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:24a101c50b6d$e2849e10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which should pursue in order to change career, MCSE or MCSD?

=?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=

The Rev (MCT) wrote:
> That depends. Which field do you want to go into?

Left?

Syncme

"Mr David Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:24a101c50b6d$e2849e10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which should pursue in order to change career, MCSE or MCSD?

MCSE is for network design, support, deployment and so on....
MCSD is development more like programming.
They are very different job roles.

It depends on what your current career is. I think it is also worth
mentioning that MCSD is not a career, it is a certification for professional
software developers. To be a developer, you must first become a developer, a
certification doesn't make you a developer.

"Mr David Lee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:24a101c50b6d$e2849e10$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Which should pursue in order to change career, MCSE or MCSD?

kDog

Start first with English 101.

David

Thanks, but which one is best?

Which one is best? Well, they say MCSDs get more chicks than MCSEs. I mean,
if you're a network admin, having that beeper tied to your hip 24x7 can
seriously impeed mess up your dating life. On the other hand, if you know
web services programming, then you are like a f*ck!ng rock star and going
out with super models.

news:1f3d01c50c8e$543647e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, but which one is best?

Syncme

news:1f3d01c50c8e$543647e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks, but which one is best?

I'm not sure what your background is. If it is not in computers you might
want to start with an A+ course to get your feet wet.
A developer usually learns to program from highschool then
college/university reading practicing or what ever. Anyone I know who
develops have always been doing it. Picking up a book and reading it will
not make you a developer.
MCSE courses are meant for people with significant experience in the field.

Neil

did you hear <WKidd> say in news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Well, they say MCSDs get more chicks than MCSEs.

LIES! The lapel pins are too similar. Besides, Admins actually see
sunlight, unlike the code weenies that have a permanent indentation on
thier chair and sleep on the floor. The Pizza and Mountain Dew stains on
the shirt also detract from the ability to score chicks, while my pocket
protector is always appealing to the fillies.

(course with my MCT lapel pun I have to actually BEAT the ladies away)

--
Neil MCNGP #30

- Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.