Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > 70-305 Test Question

70-305 Test Question

SkyDk

Below is a link to a walk-through of a real life
situation where gacutil.exe is useful:

http://www.15seconds.com/issue/030909.htm

The article demonstrates how to run a COM component (MS
SQL 2000 DTS utility) from .NET by creating an type
library from a generated key file, then this library is
imported into the GAC using gacutil.exe

GAC is good for pointing many applications to a specific
assembly.

I've heard questions about this do actually come up.

Hope this helps.

exam for 70-305:
>Which of the following tools can be used to install an

assembly into the
>GAC?
>
>Gacutil.exe
>Windows Installer
>ngen.exe
>others are listed on the real question
>
>The transcender answer is just Gacutil.exe and Windows

Installer. But
>ngen.exe, as we all know, creates a native image from an

assembly and
>installs it into the native image cache area of the

GAC. So I think
>ngen.exe should also be an answer.
>
>If I get this on the real test, right now I don't know

what to answer. Is
>this a Transcender error or is the real test this tricky

(or maybe error