Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > how to read a stream from a http source

how to read a stream from a http source

om

hi I an new to c++ and was wondering if anyone could advise me how to
read a stream coming from a http source thanks alot...

gkoreman@gmail.com

http: HyperText Transfer Protocol, http is a protocol, not a "thing". I
assume you mean a web server? (http is not just used for web sites)

To get a page from a web server, you have to connect to it (look into
sockets programming for info on that) and then send it a request. The
request is just a bunch of data telling the server what page you want.
It will then send the response back as plain text.

Hope that pointed you in the right direction...

om

thanks ...