Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MS-Press Books ??

MS-Press Books ??

Cleet O' RIS

Hello People,

May I ask you, how come MS-Press books
are sold as perfect tools to succeed certs,
when in fact it is not complete at all for it ??

Thanks a lot.

Cleet

kpg

"Cleet O' RIS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cte4s7$mc9$(E-Mail Removed).9tel.net...
> Hello People,
>
> May I ask you, how come MS-Press books
> are sold as perfect tools to succeed certs,
> when in fact it is not complete at all for it ??
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Cleet

<rhetorical question>
Did you have a bad experience?
<\rhetorical question>

I have used MS-Press books with success. They do however
seem to be written for clarity in exchange for depth. Do the labs
and check out the further reading section and do further reading
(what a concept). It is a good idea to not rely on a single source.

As to why are they marketed as 'perfect'? I was not aware they
were but if so it is just that, marketing. Even MS-Press books can
be incomplete or have errors.

--
kp "I buy them for the cool pictures on the cover." g

You can swim all day in the Sea of Knowledge and still come out
completely dry. Most people do. ~Norman Juster

Eric

Cleet O' RIS wrote:

> Hello People,
>
> May I ask you, how come MS-Press books
> are sold as perfect tools to succeed certs,
> when in fact it is not complete at all for it ??

Most of us perfer Kalani for C#, and Gunderloy for VB.NET.

MSPress books are fine for people who learn by reading, and have a
sponge for a brain.

Unfortunately, I need more hands-on, like Kalani and Gunderloy offer.
My limited brain can't learn so well until I actually run some code in
Visual Studio. If I see it work in front of me, I can understand it
better.

Eric

Cindy Winegarden

Don't forget, Microsoft strongly suggests that you have two years'
experience developing software in .NET before taking the exams.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

"Cleet O' RIS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cte4s7$mc9$(E-Mail Removed).9tel.net...
> Hello People,
>
> May I ask you, how come MS-Press books
> are sold as perfect tools to succeed certs,
> when in fact it is not complete at all for it ??

Rowdy Yates

"Cleet O' RIS" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:cte4s7$mc9$1
@apollon.grec.isp.9tel.net:

> Hello People,
>
> May I ask you, how come MS-Press books
> are sold as perfect tools to succeed certs,
> when in fact it is not complete at all for it ??
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Cleet

you are a wise one - oh young skywalker.

--
Rowdy Yates, MCNGP #39
http://www.mcngp.com/

Design Patterns Books and Best Practices Books. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 4 07-01-2005 07:29 AM
Books, Books, Books... C++ 3 09-19-2004 10:11 PM
exchange MCSD books for security books MCSD Frank MCSE 0 01-12-2004 12:17 AM
Finished Courses, Selecting Books for Exam Preparation (List of Books) Mac MCSD 2 12-17-2003 01:48 PM

Advertisments