Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > BlowFish decrypting

BlowFish decrypting

Claus Wanner

Hi NewsGroup,

some days ago i've started to coding an decryting function to decyrpt
a Passwort.

The password is BlowFish encrypted and than Base64 encodet.
An other application send the password to me in this form.

Note: A java-application encrypt and encode the password and send it to
my application about an HTTP-Request (intranet, SSL).

Now i want de decode and decrypt the passwort to logon at a backend-system.
My Problem is, that the decoded and decrypted password, doesn't end
with '\0' and so i have some unmeant character in the passwort.
I use the BlowFish-Implementation from: http://www.codeas.com/solutions.php

Example:
Note: the passwort must have between 5 and 8 characters AND i don't know
the passwortlength in normal-/ASCII-Form.

Passwort = "start00"
Encrypted + Encodet = "HJAHRJhdj&878fm=" (for example only!)
Decodet + Decrypted = "start00#"

The # is anywise too much!

I'm very thanksful for any hit!

cu
Claus

Victor Bazarov

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 21:00:34 +0100, Claus Wanner wrote:
> Hi NewsGroup,
>
> some days ago i've started to coding an decryting function to decyrpt
> a Passwort.
> [...explanation snipped...]

I think this is covered in the FAQ (believe it or not), namely in
#5.8. Find FAQ here: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/

Ufit

"Claus Wanner" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:dkdqci$t7q$02$(E-Mail Removed)-online.com...

> Passwort = "start00"
> Encrypted + Encodet = "HJAHRJhdj&878fm=" (for example only!)
> Decodet + Decrypted = "start00#"
>
> The # is anywise too much!
>
> I'm very thanksful for any hit!
>
> cu
> Claus

Every coded password should end with <CRLF>
that's when you decode it - look for those 2 chars at the string end.
If you don't set the password try to find an ending sequence
that repeats itself contantly in the string.
I came across 2 ways - (encoded pass) + (raw)<crlf> and (encoded pass+<crlf>)
Maybe that helps.

UF