Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > RE: Network setup help

RE: Network setup help

=?Utf-8?B?a2FtdWlzaA==?=

Thanks for the suggestions... as it turns out I actually found the solution
to my own problem. After reading so much about firewalls on this forum, I
got to thinking... I had only been thinking about the firewall in the sense
of blocking non-local traffic. As soon as I disabled the firewall program
running on each of my machines, I could ping without any difficulty at all.
Upon re-enabling the firewall, I simply had to enter the network IP for each
machine in the other machine's firewall's "allow" list. Now everything works
like a champ!

As far as the other requests posted on this thread are concerned, check your
either your commercial firewall program or Windows firewall to see if they
are blocking local traffic. Disable the firewall program and then try
pinging from the opposite machine (you can find the machine's IP by entering
the command 'ipconfig' at the command prompt, or by finding your network
adapter on the network connections control panel and selecting the 'Support'
tab). If you can ping successfully after disabling the firewall, just
re-enable your firewall and add the IP address for the firewall that was
blocking your traffic...