Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > .Net Certification details

.Net Certification details

Kiran

Hi,

This would be a simple one for most of you to answer but I
still couldn't look for accurate answers, so I am looking
for help here. Could you please tell me what are the best
options and subjects to complete .Net certification and
which is the one that should be taken first MCAD or MCSD?
It would be great if you could also help me with address
of websites that can help prepare for it.

Looking forward for an answer. Thanks a lot.

Kiran.

>It would be great if you could also help me with address
>of websites that can help prepare for it.

sure as it's the new year,

www.microsoft.com/learning

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...e/findexam.asp

Once you have mastered the art of using a web browser, and decided on
your chosen path, you may wish to look through
msdn.microsoft.com/library which will help with your research.

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

I saw that coming..

To get MCSD you have to take the same exams as MCAD anyway so focus on that
first. Fair warning, if you are not already experienced in .Net specifically
it could take a long time. The MSDN library is very helpful indeed. Although
if you dont know what a namespace or class is it would be near impossible to
use.

"The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Spher" wrote:

> >It would be great if you could also help me with address
> >of websites that can help prepare for it.

> sure as it's the new year,
>
> www.microsoft.com/learning
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mc...e/findexam.asp
>
> Once you have mastered the art of using a web browser, and decided on
> your chosen path, you may wish to look through
> msdn.microsoft.com/library which will help with your research.
>
> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

>The MSDN library is very helpful indeed. Although
>if you dont know what a namespace or class is it would be near impossible to
>use.

I disagree, you do not need to know what a namespace or a class is in
order to use a web browser

Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

Lee

Kiran,
I been talking to Boston University Corporate Training
Center (www.butrain.com) and a company call Appdev
(www.Appdev.com). After a couple of calls, I reached a
decision. If you are a developer with many years (4+)
and you know a little about .Net already, you would be
better to get the MCSD. The MCAD is a little light. You
should look at the microsoft site, they show the
differences there. This should help. Be aware that the
certifications will change with .net 2005 coming. I am
on the fence about getting training using CD's or just
buying the books. I need more hands on stuff.
Lee

=?Utf-8?B?U2Vhbg==?=

well I am saying is that if you dont know what to look it up hard to start
from the MSDN front page. What do I search for?...

I guess it could be done I dont know I didnt start using it until I had a
pool of specific things to look up, even then!