Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Need a little help with system fuction c++

Need a little help with system fuction c++

Hi,
Im kindof new to c++... need a little help with system() function..
I use system to execute a dos program... but i want the rest of the program to continue imediately
after executing it. and not wait for the program which was executed...
any help would be appreciated...

Greg Comeau

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Im kindof new to c++... need a little help with system() function..
>I use system to execute a dos program... but i want the rest of the program to continue imediately
>after executing it. and not wait for the program which was executed...
>any help would be appreciated...

This is beyond the scope of C++. Have a look at some of the functions
at the end of http://www.comeaucomputing.com/techtalk/#system
as but some possibilities.
--
Greg Comeau / Celebrating 20 years of Comeauity!

Victor Bazarov

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid wrote:
> Im kindof new to c++... need a little help with system() function..
> I use system to execute a dos program... but i want the rest of the program to continue imediately
> after executing it. and not wait for the program which was executed...

'system' behaviour is not specified by the Standard. Ask in a newsgroup
for your compiler. You are most likely in need of a platform-specific
way of starting a process.