Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Best free IDE

Best free IDE

darrell@dunmanifestin.co.uk

In your opinion, what is the best free IDE for C++?

I'm going to be writing quite a large application for my final year
project at University so I'm afraid VIM just isn't going to cut it
anymore =o)

Preferably, I'm after a cross platform IDE because I tend to use
Windows and Linux sort of 50/50 at the minute. I don't mind just using
one or the other for when I'm working on my project though.

Mirek Fidler

> In your opinion, what is the best free IDE for C++?
>
> I'm going to be writing quite a large application for my final year
> project at University so I'm afraid VIM just isn't going to cut it
> anymore =o)
>
> Preferably, I'm after a cross platform IDE because I tend to use
> Windows and Linux sort of 50/50 at the minute. I don't mind just using
> one or the other for when I'm working on my project though.

You might check TheIDE of U++.

http://upp.sf.net

It comes with cross-platform toolkit as well (but you do not have to use
it with TheIDE).

Mirek