Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > oo in c++...and may other

oo in c++...and may other

Yarco

I've just read an article about advice to learn modern language.
It is said that c++ is half object oriented, and java is full...
So i get puzzled, what is the whole characters of OO?

BigBrian

C++ supports more programming techniques than just object oriented. It
also supports, generic programming, structured programming, template
metaprogramming,.... So, I guess C++ could ( incorrectly, and
imprecisely ) be refered to as half object oriented. However, C++
supports object oriented programming ever bit as good, or better than
Java.

mlimber

Yarco wrote:
> I've just read an article about advice to learn modern language.
> It is said that c++ is half object oriented, and java is full...
> So i get puzzled, what is the whole characters of OO?

See these FAQs:

http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/big-picture.html

Cheers! --M