Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > 2 years? really?

2 years? really?

I understand that MS recommends 2 years of experience
before taking exams? Is that really necessary or is that
a suggestion by MS that, in turn, gives employers some
sort of assurance that they are hiring someone with
knowledge AND experience?

Personally, I am beginning to study for the exams for
MCSD and I don't want to wait 2 years to take em. I have
5 years of development experience using other
technologies (LAMP platforms) but my current job is
100% .NET.

Any thoughts on this? For those that have taken the
exam, how much experience did you have when you took them?

Zach

Daniel Joskovski

Hi Zach,
Nobody says that you must wait two years to take an exam, that is only
recommendation deduced probably from surveys test takers do before or after
exam. But I can tell you that in my case I really have around two year
experience with the platform. I start working seriously with .NET somewhere
in 2002 and I became MCSD in October 2003 so I think the time frame is
correct.
Regards,
Daniel

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0b0701c4d8b6$dccc98e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I understand that MS recommends 2 years of experience
> before taking exams? Is that really necessary or is that
> a suggestion by MS that, in turn, gives employers some
> sort of assurance that they are hiring someone with
> knowledge AND experience?
>
> Personally, I am beginning to study for the exams for
> MCSD and I don't want to wait 2 years to take em. I have
> 5 years of development experience using other
> technologies (LAMP platforms) but my current job is
> 100% .NET.
>
> Any thoughts on this? For those that have taken the
> exam, how much experience did you have when you took them?
>
> Zach

Vipul Patel

true, I think the surveys conducted by Microsoft would indicate that people
with around 2 years experience would fare better that people with lesser
experience. Hence the recommendation.

Regards
Vipul

news:(E-Mail Removed)...