Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Dual Certification

Dual Certification

Brian

I have heard that microsoft will not let you credit the same exam toward two
certifications, but I can not find this on their web site. For example, I
am interested in getting an MCSD and MCDBA.

Can I use 70-305/6 as a core requierment for an MCSD and an elective for an
MCDBA?

Can I use 70-229 as a core requierment for the MCDBA and an elective for the
MCSD?

Can somebody point me to info on microsoft.com that confirms this?

Thanks,

Brian

Daniel Joskovski

Yes you can, every certification has own requirements which requirements do
not depend on certifications you hold at the moment.
Regards,
Daniel

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have heard that microsoft will not let you credit the same exam toward

two
> certifications, but I can not find this on their web site. For example, I
> am interested in getting an MCSD and MCDBA.
>
> Can I use 70-305/6 as a core requierment for an MCSD and an elective for

an
> MCDBA?
>
> Can I use 70-229 as a core requierment for the MCDBA and an elective for

the
> MCSD?
>
> Can somebody point me to info on microsoft.com that confirms this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brian

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Brian,

What you "heard" was incorrect. An exam can satisfy the requirements for
more than one certification.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...