Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > function sequence error on aix5.2

function sequence error on aix5.2

nrhayyal

hi all,
i am a c++ developer(so chose to post it in c++ group) facing a problem
with DB2-CLI on AIX5.2.

we are using db2 v8 fixpak 10, gcc 3.3.2, on aix5.2 with extensive use
of STL vectors.
we are using ODBC 3.0 for our applications.
the exception we are getting is "function sequence error cli0125E".
we are using multithreaded applications which uses pthread library.
with single thread the application works fine without any such
exceptions.
but when we execute with more than 1 thread , we are facing this
exception "function sequence error".
we set most of the parameters mentioned in this site for "function
sequence error" like setting cursorhold=1 and QUERYTIMEOUTINTERVAL=0
cachehold=1 in db2cli.ini file.
along with that we set some of the environment variables on db2-v8 such
as :
DB2_LARGE_PAGE_MEM=DB
DB2_SKIPINSERTED=yes
DB2_USE_ALTERNATE_PAGE_CLEANING=on
DB2_ENABLE_BUFPD=yes
DB2_PINNED_BP=no
DB2_SKIPDELETED=yes
DB2_BINSORT=yes
DB2MEMDISCLAIM=NO
DB2_MMAP_WRITE=on
DB2_MMAP_READ=on
DB2_RR_TO_RS=YES.

if any expert could help us in solving this , i would be very grateful.
please help me ASAP.
waiting for your response at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed).

thanks in advance to all the experts.

thanks & Regards
Nagaraj Hayyal

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Stefan_N=E4we?=

nrhayyal wrote:
> hi all,
> i am a c++ developer(so chose to post it in c++ group) facing a problem
> with DB2-CLI on AIX5.2.
>

> we are using db2 v8 fixpak 10, gcc 3.3.2, on aix5.2 with extensive use
> of STL vectors.
> we are using ODBC 3.0 for our applications.
> the exception we are getting is "function sequence error cli0125E".
> we are using multithreaded applications which uses pthread library.
> with single thread the application works fine without any such
> exceptions.
> but when we execute with more than 1 thread , we are facing this
> exception "function sequence error".
> we set most of the parameters mentioned in this site for "function
> sequence error" like setting cursorhold=1 and QUERYTIMEOUTINTERVAL=0
> cachehold=1 in db2cli.ini file.
> along with that we set some of the environment variables on db2-v8 such
> as :
> DB2_LARGE_PAGE_MEM=DB
> DB2_SKIPINSERTED=yes
> DB2_USE_ALTERNATE_PAGE_CLEANING=on
> DB2_ENABLE_BUFPD=yes
> DB2_PINNED_BP=no
> DB2_SKIPDELETED=yes
> DB2_BINSORT=yes
> DB2MEMDISCLAIM=NO
> DB2_MMAP_WRITE=on
> DB2_MMAP_READ=on
> DB2_RR_TO_RS=YES.
>
> if any expert could help us in solving this , i would be very grateful.
> please help me ASAP.
> waiting for your response at (E-Mail Removed).
>
> thanks in advance to all the experts.
>

> thanks & Regards
> Nagaraj Hayyal

And what is the C++ problem you're trying to solve ?

S.