Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > SQL Server/VS 2005

SQL Server/VS 2005

Joe

Hi, folks--

I'm thinking to work toward an MSCD but am wondering if I
should wait until exams are out for VS2005/SQL Server
2005. What do you all think? Will exams likely soon follow
the offical product releases?

Thanks!

-Joe

Daniel Joskovski

Hi,
There was many similar questions in this group so I decide to share my
opinion about that.
First if you are already experienced in sql, why don't take actual exam?
Microsoft recommends minimum two year experience (average) before doing any
exam, so doing your exam now when you have experience with the product is
better choice then waiting for new release. If you are worried about
financial effect of doing the next (same product) exam, you can always join
beta exam program and if you pass exam is 100% sure that you be invited to
take the beta exam when it came available.
So in my opinion is best not to wait but do exams which you can do now.

Regards,
Daniel

news:10de01c4d0bf$f2c4ef20$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, folks--
>
> I'm thinking to work toward an MSCD but am wondering if I
> should wait until exams are out for VS2005/SQL Server
> 2005. What do you all think? Will exams likely soon follow
> the offical product releases?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Joe

=?Utf-8?B?TmFjaG8=?=

Hi Daniel,

What do I need to enroll in the beta exam program, I have the goal of
taking70-229 next friday and I would like to take the route you outlined
before so I can finish the certification as soon as possible.

Nacho