Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > 70-300 time allocation

70-300 time allocation

jbatty

I am preparing for the 70-300 and i would like to know whether each of the
case studies on the exam would have a specific amount of time allocated to
it.
Would it be possible to carry extra time over from one case study to
another?

Death from Above

Yes, each case study has its own specific amount of time allocated.

No, you cannot carry extra time over from one case study to another.

Death from Above

"jbatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am preparing for the 70-300 and i would like to know whether each of the
>case studies on the exam would have a specific amount of time allocated to
>it.
> Would it be possible to carry extra time over from one case study to
> another?

=?Utf-8?B?QW1lbGlh?=

Hi,

Oh - that's a good thing to know that time doesn't carry over - Thanks!

I've been looking at the SelfTest sample exam and it has 4 case studies for
a 3.5 hour exam. Is this representative?

Also, study materials. Reading a few of the other posts.. There appears to
be no Kalani/Gunderloy for this Architecture subject and only the MCSD self
paced training text and the Exam Cram 2 .Net Solutions Arch.??

I did fine in the first 3 exams but this one is really worrying me.

Thanks
Rochelle

"Death from Above" wrote:

> Yes, each case study has its own specific amount of time allocated.
>
> No, you cannot carry extra time over from one case study to another.
>
> Death from Above
>

> "jbatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I am preparing for the 70-300 and i would like to know whether each of the
> >case studies on the exam would have a specific amount of time allocated to
> >it.
> > Would it be possible to carry extra time over from one case study to
> > another?

jbatty

Thank you for shedding some light on the 70-300.Likewise, I would like to
know more about the partial scoring system.

For example if a question is "choose all that apply" with 6 choices. If
there are 3 right answers but i chose only 2 of the right answers would i
get marks for this? what if i end up choosing 2 right answers and 1 wrong
one - what will be the impact of this?
Any speculations based on experience?

"Death from Above" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, each case study has its own specific amount of time allocated.
>
> No, you cannot carry extra time over from one case study to another.
>
> Death from Above
>

> "jbatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am preparing for the 70-300 and i would like to know whether each of the
>>case studies on the exam would have a specific amount of time allocated to
>>it.
>> Would it be possible to carry extra time over from one case study to
>> another?

Death from Above

I had 2 hours to complete the three case studies. There were 30 questions
TOTAL.

I used the Exam Cram 2 book and practice questions from measureup. I also
had 2 years of professional experience at the time I took the test.

Death from Above

"Amelia" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> Oh - that's a good thing to know that time doesn't carry over - Thanks!
>
> I've been looking at the SelfTest sample exam and it has 4 case studies
> for
> a 3.5 hour exam. Is this representative?
>
> Also, study materials. Reading a few of the other posts.. There appears to
> be no Kalani/Gunderloy for this Architecture subject and only the MCSD
> self
> paced training text and the Exam Cram 2 .Net Solutions Arch.??
>
> I did fine in the first 3 exams but this one is really worrying me.
>
> Thanks
> Rochelle
>
> "Death from Above" wrote:
>
>> Yes, each case study has its own specific amount of time allocated.
>>
>> No, you cannot carry extra time over from one case study to another.
>>
>> Death from Above
>>

>> "jbatty" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I am preparing for the 70-300 and i would like to know whether each of
>> >the
>> >case studies on the exam would have a specific amount of time allocated
>> >it.
>> > Would it be possible to carry extra time over from one case study to
>> > another?

Death from Above

I have never heard anything official regarding this. I also have no
information/experience that would allow me to make any speculations.