Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > MCSD best practices

MCSD best practices

UAError

"Schfooge" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Seeing as he only needs one of 70-315 & 70-316 for MCAD, he can leave one of
>these to the end and get his MCAD after his fourth exam, and get his MCSD
>when he writes the fifth. MCSD only requires 3 exams altogether, so there
>is no way to get yourself painted into a corner where you have to take 4
>more exams to get your MCAD.
>
>You are right in saying that if he continues to leave an exam he has to take
>for both as his last exam (ie. 70-320 or 310), then he won't get either
>cert until after the fifth exam. However, it seems to me that he is still
>able to change the order of his exams to get the MCAD after 4 - unless he
>has already written 1-4 and 70-320 is the only one he has left.

If you look at his blog you'll see that already completed
70-300, 70-315, and 70-316. Furthermore he stated that the
order that he listed the exams was also the order that he
"expects" to take the exams. He completed the first three
exams in about 3 months (not including preparation for the
first exam). Its been three months since his last exam. On
that I based the assumption that he probably has progressed
too far into his 70-229 preparation to want to switch to
70-320 - so that in fact he is committed to taking 70-229 as
no.4 and 70-320 as no.5.

Tod Birdsall

Hi,

I am about 3/4 through studying for 70-229. Based on what I had read, I
had assumed that I had painted myself into a corner. No difference, I
planned on taking all five.

I started to read the Exam Cram for 70-320, but I practically fell
asleep.
I don't normally use XML, but I use SQL on a daily basis, so that is
what made me to decide to take the 70-229 first.

I saved both of these exams for last becaus two of the people I know
who took their exams thought these were the hardest. So far, I feel
pretty comfortable with taking the 70-229.
Tod Birdsall, MCP
http://tod1d.blogspot.com

=?Utf-8?B?UGlldGVyIGRlIEJydWlu?=

Dear Judy,

Start of with web apps (70-305/315) or win apps (70-306/316), depending on
your background and then do the other. After that do Webservices Server
Components (70-310/320). Now you're done with .NET programming, choose your
electif being SQL, BizTalk Server or the new Security exam. Make sure to do
Analyzing Requirements (70-300) last, since this requires most experience.

HTH,

Pieter de Bruin
Avanade Netherlands
MCSD.NET

"Tod Birdsall" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am about 3/4 through studying for 70-229. Based on what I had read, I
> had assumed that I had painted myself into a corner. No difference, I
> planned on taking all five.
>
> I started to read the Exam Cram for 70-320, but I practically fell
> asleep.
> I don't normally use XML, but I use SQL on a daily basis, so that is
> what made me to decide to take the 70-229 first.
>
> I saved both of these exams for last becaus two of the people I know
> who took their exams thought these were the hardest. So far, I feel
> pretty comfortable with taking the 70-229.
> Tod Birdsall, MCP
> http://tod1d.blogspot.com

Daniel P.

70-320 seemed to me one of the easiest exam.
70-229 is hard indeed but one of the exams I enjoyed studying.

news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...