Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > What are the fees for MCSD

Reply
Thread Tools

What are the fees for MCSD

 
 
Jeremy Sikazwe
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2004
I'm very interested in taking this course next year. My
company is ready to pay for me.
Please send me all the fees to complete the course.

Yours,

Jerry.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Saga
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2004

You will have to do some homework.

Locatae information for the certification you want and the
required exams.

Locate a testing center near your residence.

Find out from them how much this costs.

Your question gives me the impression that you expect that
this ng is answered by Microsoft people and that MS itself
gives and charges for the exams. Both of these assumptions
are incorrect

This ng is usually answered by normal people (I won't go into the
philisophical definition of "normal") tat have nothing to do with
MS, except maybe use its products. The tests are not given by
MS directly, rather by authored testing agencies. I believe Vue
and Prometric are two of them.

I went to their websites and managed to locate a testing center near
my residence. If you live outside the United States, you may try to
locate a testing center by contacting a nearby university or your
regional
MS office. The tests usually cost $125usd, but this may vary, so do
your research to find out the exact price.

Good luck!
Saga

"Jeremy Sikazwe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:256101c4c0ea$5135b110$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm very interested in taking this course next year. My
> company is ready to pay for me.
> Please send me all the fees to complete the course.
>
> Yours,
>
> Jerry.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Eric
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2004
Jeremy Sikazwe wrote:

> I'm very interested in taking this course next year. My
> company is ready to pay for me.
> Please send me all the fees to complete the course.


It sounds to me like you are looking for a training class. Do some web
searches. Microsoft has some official classes that are taught by third
party training companies.

There's also some classes that aren't offically santioned by Microsoft.

Most of us don't take the classes, we just so self-study and then take
the tests. The tests are normally $125 each, and you need 5 of them.

Eric
 
Reply With Quote
 
Saga
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-02-2004

Most of us are greatly motivated to self-study when we see that the
cost of the courses avarage around $1,500usd! <g>

Saga

<Eric> wrote in message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Jeremy Sikazwe wrote:
>
>> I'm very interested in taking this course next year. My
>> company is ready to pay for me.
>> Please send me all the fees to complete the course.

>
> It sounds to me like you are looking for a training class. Do some web
> searches. Microsoft has some official classes that are taught by third
> party training companies.
>
> There's also some classes that aren't offically santioned by
> Microsoft.
>
> Most of us don't take the classes, we just so self-study and then take
> the tests. The tests are normally $125 each, and you need 5 of them.
>
> Eric



 
Reply With Quote
 
Tod Birdsall
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2004
Hi Jerry,

The fee to take each exam is currently $125/exam. The training material
fees vary depending on your background and how much training you need.
I have been developing both winform and webform applications with
Visual Studio .NET since it was officially released. Before that I was
developing application using Active Server Pages.

I am 3 exams into my MCSD and am currently studying for my fourth. You
can see the method and materials I am using by checking out the article
I wrote here :
http://tod1d.blogspot.com/2004/10/mc...tion-path.html
Hope this helps.

Tod Birdsall
http://tod1d.blogspot.com

 
Reply With Quote
 
Eric
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-03-2004
Tod Birdsall wrote:

> I am 3 exams into my MCSD and am currently studying for my fourth. You
> can see the method and materials I am using by checking out the
> article I wrote here :
> http://tod1d.blogspot.com/2004/10/mc...tion-path.html


Great blog posting Tod!

I personally prefer the Amit Kalani books over the MSPress books, but
this is a matter of personal preference.

The MSPress books are good for people who can remember what they read.

The Kalani books are better for people who like a lot of small hands-on
exercises to help reinforce the material. This helps me a lot because I
can see how it works, instead of just reading about it.

For VB.NET, the books by Mike Gunderloy are very similar to the Amit
Kalani books.

Eric
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?UmljaA==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-05-2004
I was on Amazon.com today and happenned to nitice that they are selling exam
vouchers for $106. You should probably make sure that the testing center you
want use will take the voucher, but I think most of them do. Also, somebody
told me you can get vouchers for even less if you buy a "six-pack" from
Amazon.

"Tod Birdsall" wrote:

> Hi Jerry,
>
> The fee to take each exam is currently $125/exam. The training material
> fees vary depending on your background and how much training you need.
> I have been developing both winform and webform applications with
> Visual Studio .NET since it was officially released. Before that I was
> developing application using Active Server Pages.
>
> I am 3 exams into my MCSD and am currently studying for my fourth. You
> can see the method and materials I am using by checking out the article
> I wrote here :
> http://tod1d.blogspot.com/2004/10/mc...tion-path.html
> Hope this helps.
>
> Tod Birdsall
> http://tod1d.blogspot.com
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
Arthur Hsu
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      11-09-2004
Check out GetCertified4Less.com. Sometimes they will have a limited time
voucher for $99 only.

If the voucher happens to meet your planned date, it would be nice to save
$26.

-Arthur

"Rich" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I was on Amazon.com today and happenned to nitice that they are selling
>exam
> vouchers for $106. You should probably make sure that the testing center
> you
> want use will take the voucher, but I think most of them do. Also,
> somebody
> told me you can get vouchers for even less if you buy a "six-pack" from
> Amazon.
>
> "Tod Birdsall" wrote:
>
>> Hi Jerry,
>>
>> The fee to take each exam is currently $125/exam. The training material
>> fees vary depending on your background and how much training you need.
>> I have been developing both winform and webform applications with
>> Visual Studio .NET since it was officially released. Before that I was
>> developing application using Active Server Pages.
>>
>> I am 3 exams into my MCSD and am currently studying for my fourth. You
>> can see the method and materials I am using by checking out the article
>> I wrote here :
>> http://tod1d.blogspot.com/2004/10/mc...tion-path.html
>> Hope this helps.
>>
>> Tod Birdsall
>> http://tod1d.blogspot.com
>>
>>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MCP Fees =?Utf-8?B?U1VSRVNI?= MCSE 10 11-16-2004 04:03 PM
Regarding the Fees & Schedule of MCSE Cert Exam Harindra Devadiga MCSE 6 05-10-2004 02:11 PM
Reduce exam fees Rémy Bucheler \(MCSA, Charter MCDST\) Microsoft Certification 0 05-08-2004 12:13 AM
Re: No signup fees... No monthly fees... We'll give YOU $1.00 to sign up! x Whitecrest HTML 4 12-11-2003 05:26 PM
Sub contact fees Headless HTML 10 09-14-2003 11:18 AM



Advertisments