Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Redirect of stdout to pipe 'hangs'

Redirect of stdout to pipe 'hangs'

SM Ryan

# Iam working on Client, Server programming on Linux in C++.
# I have a Server Daemon running in the background, my client program
# talks to the Server and extracts some data which I
# am printing on the screen. This thing works fine but when i redirect
# the stdout to pipe it hangs for eternity,

If you're using <stdio.h>, you may have bufferring issues. You
can try using setvbuf or fflush to make sure output is actually
being written to the pipe.

--
SM Ryan http://www.rawbw.com/~wyrmwif/
God's a skeeball fanatic.