Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Computer science GRE subject test

Computer science GRE subject test

Session Mwamufiya

Hello,

I know that this may not be the best site to post such a
question, but I'm looking for a site where I could gather
some good study material to review for the GRE subject
test in computer science. Any leeds?

Thanks

Session

Scott Brookhart

Check out these links to get you started..

http://www.gre.org/subdesc.html#compsci

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...082661-8572044

Good luck.
--scott

"Session Mwamufiya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:009301c4b607$c3d5ede0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I know that this may not be the best site to post such a
> question, but I'm looking for a site where I could gather
> some good study material to review for the GRE subject
> test in computer science. Any leeds?
>
> Thanks
>
> Session

Your instructor must have provided references to such information.

"Session Mwamufiya" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:009301c4b607$c3d5ede0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> I know that this may not be the best site to post such a
> question, but I'm looking for a site where I could gather
> some good study material to review for the GRE subject
> test in computer science. Any leeds?
>
> Thanks
>
> Session

What??? what instructor? I'm looking for links to help
me study. please refrain from responding with such
useless and abnoctious answers!!!

wrote in message
>news:009301c4b607$c3d5ede0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I know that this may not be the best site to post

such a
>> question, but I'm looking for a site where I could

gather
>> some good study material to review for the GRE subject
>> test in computer science. Any leeds?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Session

>.

I've already checked out the GRE.org site, that's how I
got the topics. I'm looking for a site that could help me
review every one of those topics in details.

PS: the amazon link you sent is for a book that will not
be released until january 2005.

/087891434X/ref%3Dpd%5Fsl%5Faw%5Falx-jeb-9-1%5Fbook%
5F4530857%5F4/002-4082661-8572044

wrote in message
>news:009301c4b607$c3d5ede0$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hello,
>>
>> I know that this may not be the best site to post such

>> question, but I'm looking for a site where I could

gather
>> some good study material to review for the GRE subject
>> test in computer science. Any leeds?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Session

>.

I'm sorry for presuming you are a student. That sure was silly.

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a0201c4b6a9$9a3fb090$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What??? what instructor? I'm looking for links to help
> me study. please refrain from responding with such
> useless and abnoctious answers!!!

Patrick Dickey

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:0a0201c4b6a9$9a3fb090$(E-Mail Removed)...
> What??? what instructor? I'm looking for links to help
> me study. please refrain from responding with such
> useless and abnoctious answers!!!

Hmmm.. first off.. leeds? Second off.. I'd assume you have to be a student
or a recent graduate with a degree in Computer Science, to take the GRE for
Computer Science.

So, Let me clarify what WKidd was trying to say. When you were in college,
you had these strange people called instructors (maybe Professors). They
may have information to help you with the search. Along this line, in the
event that you didn't have instructors, you possibly had an advisor, who
told you what classes you should take. THEY should have the information you
want.

IF you're not a student, or you didn't graduate with the Computer Science
degree, and if there's a college near you, they have people there called
Advisors and Instructors, who will be able to help you.. Just look for their
Science and Math division, and ask around.

Patrick.

--
Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...

first off, don't make assumptions! just answer the
question if you can, or leave it alone if you can't. I'm
not a recent graduate, but I majored in both math and
computer science, so it is quite likely that I'm not a
morron who can't find his way around. furthermore, you're
assuming that I'm in the US, which isn't the case. I
attended college in the US, but I now live in Cote
d'Ivoire, and good luck finding any grad school related
information here.
obviously, I asked for a website that I could use to
help me study because there are not many other options.
comp sci GRE books all have awful reviews, and I'm not
near any university that I could use as a resource.
besides my college was a liberal arts school, and the
computer science department was not the cream of the crop,
so they can't help me much.
and as for your condescending tone, I'll remain civil
because I do not want to break the rules of this chatroom.

<(E-Mail Removed)>
>> wrote in message
>> >news:009301c4b607$c3d5ede0$(E-Mail Removed)...

>> such a

>> gather

subject

>Hmmm.. first off.. leeds? Second off.. I'd assume you

have to be a student
>or a recent graduate with a degree in Computer Science,

to take the GRE for
>Computer Science.
>
>So, Let me clarify what WKidd was trying to say. When

you were in college,
>you had these strange people called instructors (maybe

Professors). They
>may have information to help you with the search. Along

this line, in the
>event that you didn't have instructors, you possibly had

an advisor, who
>told you what classes you should take. THEY should have

the information you
>want.
>
>IF you're not a student, or you didn't graduate with the

Computer Science
>degree, and if there's a college near you, they have

people there called
>Advisors and Instructors, who will be able to help you..

Just look for their
>Science and Math division, and ask around.
>
>Patrick.
>
>--
>Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...
>

>.

Patrick Dickey

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1eb801c4b776$ec4bc8b0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> first off, don't make assumptions! just answer the
> question if you can, or leave it alone if you can't. I'm
> not a recent graduate, but I majored in both math and
> computer science, so it is quite likely that I'm not a
> morron who can't find his way around. furthermore, you're
> assuming that I'm in the US, which isn't the case. I
> attended college in the US, but I now live in Cote
> d'Ivoire, and good luck finding any grad school related
> information here.
> obviously, I asked for a website that I could use to
> help me study because there are not many other options.
> comp sci GRE books all have awful reviews, and I'm not
> near any university that I could use as a resource.
> besides my college was a liberal arts school, and the
> computer science department was not the cream of the crop,
> so they can't help me much.
> and as for your condescending tone, I'll remain civil
> because I do not want to break the rules of this chatroom.

Points taken. However, his reply was a valid one.. Because you didn't give
enough information for the 'story problem' to determine if you were near a
university or not. Had you said, I'm NOT in the US, and not able to contact
my old advisors/instructors, I would have dug for sites for you. As, I'm
sure he would have too. I feel safe in saying, we both assumed you were
either a) A recent graduate, looking for more information or b) a soon-to-be
graduate, wanting to get a jump on the GRE tests. Sorry for the
misunderstanding..

I was just throwing my two cents in, simply because you ripped him a second
a$$hole for giving you a reply to your question. (IMHO). So, where can you
get study aids for the CompSci GRE Exam? Well, within thirty seconds, I
came up with this link for you..
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...GRE+Study+Aids

And, then I dug a little more for you also.
http://edu.surgingahead.com/kaplan/gre/

You may want to change my search from Computer Science GRE Study Aids, to
Computer Science GRE Online Study Aids (as you don't like the books).

Hope this helps you.
Patrick.

--
Smile... Someone out there cares deeply for you...

Session Mwamufiya

Thank you for looking into the subject, and I didn't mean
to sound so rude earlier. I've tried google and other
search engines, but to no avail, so I was looking for
people who might know of any online site for the comp sci
GRE. Thanks though

Session

hl=en&q=Computer+Science+GRE+Study+Aids