Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Other headers #included via <iostream>

Other headers #included via <iostream>

zerotyNONONOTHERESNOSPAMMING!type@yahoo.com

Hi,

As most of you probably already know, depending on which
implementation of C++ you have, #include <iostream> may cause various
other headers to be #included too. (I've observed cstring, cstdio,
cmath and I think cstdlib in g++)

Are there any that the standard requires to be "dragged in" like this
regardless of implementation?

Thanks,

James M.

Victor Bazarov

zerotyNONONOTHERESNOSPAMMING!(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
> As most of you probably already know, depending on which
> implementation of C++ you have, #include <iostream> may cause various
> other headers to be #included too. (I've observed cstring, cstdio,
> cmath and I think cstdlib in g++)
>
> Are there any that the standard requires to be "dragged in" like this
> regardless of implementation?

No. You need to include the headers that declare/define what you intend
on using. The Standard only requires that multiple inclusion of the same
header does no harm.