Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > API Progamming

API Progamming

David Shaw

I am studying API programming using C++ and am seeking a away to pass data
to a child program opened
using CreateProcess. I would appreciate being told whether this is possible
and where I can find information on this area of programming.

David Shaw

Phlip

David Shaw wrote:

> I am studying API programming using C++ and am seeking a away to pass data
> to a child program opened
> using CreateProcess. I would appreciate being told whether this is

possible
> and where I can find information on this area of programming.

If you feel like experiencing a unique, chronic agony, you can research how
MS implements piping systems, like _popen() or popen3().

Regardless, you must post questions about the _MS_Windows_API_ to a
newsgroup qualified to answer questions about it. Use Google Groups to find
one. This newsgroup can only discuss C++.

--
Phlip
http://www.c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand

John Carson

"David Shaw" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:900Be.38944$(E-Mail Removed)
> I am studying API programming using C++ and am seeking a away to pass
> data to a child program opened
> using CreateProcess. I would appreciate being told whether this is
> possible and where I can find information on this area of programming.
>
> David Shaw

That looks like a Windows function. Try

microsoft.public.vc.language

or for documentation on all aspects of Windows:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp

--
John Carson

Serge Paccalin

Le mercredi 13 juillet 2005 à 05:37, David Shaw a écrit dans
comp.lang.c++*:

> I am studying API programming using C++ and am seeking a away to pass data
> to a child program opened
> using CreateProcess. I would appreciate being told whether this is possible
> and where I can find information on this area of programming.

<Digression>
API is a generic term; an API is a set of functions, types, constants,
etc. designed to program applications for a given system. There is an
OpenGL API, a Win32 API, a DirectX API, just to name a few.

'CreateProcess' belongs to the Win32 API (maybe others), so you're
actually studying Win32 programming.
</Digression>

The standard way to exchange data between programs is with files. Common
non-standard ways include memory-mapped files to get shared memory, or
pipes and sockets.

--
___________ 13/07/2005 09:42:55
_/ _ \_`_`_`_) Serge PACCALIN -- sp ad mailclub.net