Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Exam Order

Exam Order

sir kal

Hi,

Can i take any exam in any order. If not, which is the
first exam one whould take.

Thanks,
Kal

Cindy Winegarden

Hi Kal,

You can take them in any order, and there is no time limit other than when
exams are discontinued.

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) www.cindywinegarden.com

"sir kal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:00a001c4aafe$a6cc79d0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can i take any exam in any order.

Sir Kal

Thank You very much for the reply Cindy. I am not sure i
understood the exams being discontinued part. Do you mean
that Microsoft will discontinue MCSD for .Net

Thank,
Kal

Brad

Microsoft will, over time, discontinue specific exams as the technology that
they cover becomes dated. For example, Microsoft discontinued all the
Visual Studio 6 exams for the old MCSD. As new .NET versions come out and
we eventually transition to Longhorn, the current .NET exams will probably
eventually be retired (ie, no longer available to test takers). The
certification you hold, such as MCAD, MCSD, etc., will continue to be valid.

"Sir Kal" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:2b1e01c4ab0c$c206cf80$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thank You very much for the reply Cindy. I am not sure i
> understood the exams being discontinued part. Do you mean
> that Microsoft will discontinue MCSD for .Net
>
> Thank,
> Kal

Digby

In due course the current exam may be replaced with a new
exam based for example on the 2005 edition of VB.NET.

Digby

Thank You Digby and Brad for you responses.

What happens if a exam gets dicontinued after i take it.
Do i have to start all over again or can I give the
remaining exams to get MCSD certification.

Brad

Probably all of the exams in a certain broad technology such as .NET 1.0/1.1
will retire at the same time. That's pretty much what happened in June with
the VS6 stuff. Don't sweat it, if you're starting now you probably have
plenty of time. I wouldn't expect exam retirement announcements before end
of next year at the earliest, with actual retirements taking place in 2006
or later.

news:35da01c4abc0$434c4940$(E-Mail Removed)...